Amy Thoughts Here Would Be Appreciated

• Thread starter harvestman4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harvestman4

Ok so i currently have 2 extractor fans 1 sucking air in and 1 sucking air out 24/7
My rh is at 35%.
I have now put both fans on a timer so they come on for 20 minutes every 4 hours.
I also have dehumidifier set too 60%.
My temperature fluctuates between 70-75f.

So my question is in theory as the rh is below 65% and temp is 70-75 there should no absolute 0% risk of mold.
This setup is just for veg and seedling, in flower I will have fans on 24/7.
I have been told too use a bubble bucket too raise rh but I dont have the funds for anything atm so I have put a towel in a bucket hung it up with the heater blowing at the towel, plus the fans being off allowing the moisture too collect in the air
Temp rh and mold charts

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I think you're probably worrying way too much about this. But why not run the fans 20 min of every hour? Aim for about 50%, and be sure. Circulation is probably as important as humidity, as well. Mold forms in corners and crevices.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Ok so i currently have 2 extractor fans 1 sucking air in and 1 sucking air out 24/7
My rh is at 35%.
I have now put both fans on a timer so they come on for 20 minutes every 4 hours.
I also have dehumidifier set too 60%.
My temperature fluctuates between 70-75f.

So my question is in theory as the rh is below 65% and temp is 70-75 there should no absolute 0% risk of mold.
This setup is just for veg and seedling, in flower I will have fans on 24/7.
I have been told too use a bubble bucket too raise rh but I dont have the funds for anything atm so I have put a towel in a bucket hung it up with the heater blowing at the towel, plus the fans being off allowing the moisture too collect in the air
View attachment 864913
A veg area of 65%RH and 70-75* is fine. A little on the cool side, but still adequate. In veg you can even get to 70%RH and still be fine with good air movement.

My veg area is 68-77* and 55-68%RH. No issues at all.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would shoot for 75 to 80f, but that is just my opinion. Rh will drop with the rise of a few degrees, but once the plants fill in a little their transpiration will help to keep the Rh a little higher...the extra temps will cause the plants to "breathe" more and contribute more moisture to the Rh.
I agree that having air circulation is crucial to keeping any types of fungus/mold/mildew at bay. FWIW, my humidity doesn't get above 45%, with less than 20% during the winter. I have NO problems having a drier environment as the plants adapt pretty well to Rh differences. The only time I worry about Rh is during the cutting, drying, and curing phase, otherwise it is a non issue as long as air is being circulated. This is all my experiences and opinions...your mileage may vary.

simcoesod

simcoesod

i aim for 45-55% rh.
i wash my room with bleach water after every run.....and you cant have enough fans....lol

Top Bottom