Any accoustic engineers in here?

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have heard of mixed reviews I think it depends on the pest or rodent. I can't say one way or the other as I have never tried. Always felt a bit gimmicky to me but that doesn't mean shit. I think pheromones would be an interesting thing to explore.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think the vibrations or sounds would work for some rodents/pests. I think I seen this done with bats and some rodents it appaently interrupts the sleep or something and is annoying.

Something like spider mites I kinda feel like pheromones may be the key as a repellant. We know there are certain plants in the garden that repel them. And plants when damaged give them off and it attracts bugs. Kinda like nature's way of enforcing natural selection.

Anthem

Anthem

I tend to agree, just because nobody has attempted doesn't mean it won't work. People in the medical profession make millions of dollars by inventing a cap, or a way of doing something more efficiently. Luer lock reflux connectors are an excellent example.
View attachment 1138935

I think novel ideals or approaches have potential sometimes. It's just a fair amount of testing and failure. I've got some pretty effective means of controlling spidermites and fungi, but once I started using them, the spider mites were gone, forever. I really haven't seen any since, so it's difficult to work on something, unless your at least knee deep into it.

I've had idea's for doing things like attaching cellphone buzzers to plants, because it's low frequency. If there physically attached to the plants they well could have other net benefits. But I think anything attached to the plant stalks is going to transmit both noise, and vibration, which I think might drive them away also.
View attachment 1138937View attachment 1138938

The other benefit of using such an approach would be that it helps increase air movement, and perhaps increasing C02 uptake. Plants are sensitive to vibrations, and there's a lot of evidence that they are able to sense in this capacity. "feeling" their way with roots and leaves through vibrations.

It's certainly an interesting topic.
Can you share what exactly your pictures are and how you have killed off the spider mites? I have heard of using low amounts of electricity for spider mites as in a positive electrical field in the grow media but what exactly are you doing with the products in the pictures?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
They have made sonic pear repellants for years, but you probably haven’t heard much from them for a reason. They either don’t work as advertised or too many pests are on too many different frequencies to be effective
I tend to agree it's a mixed bag. Certainly they sell, and I've known people who swear by them. I think if your planning to plug something into your bathroom, and expect it to rid the entire house of bugs, while the kids lay on the floor eating Cheetos and Jellybeans, all while spilling their coolaid, is a loaded situation.

Say, if you've got a crawl space underneath you house, and your trying to keep them from an entry point, your much more likely to succeed.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the vibrations or sounds would work for some rodents/pests. I think I seen this done with bats and some rodents it appaently interrupts the sleep or something and is annoying.

Something like spider mites I kinda feel like pheromones may be the key as a repellant. We know there are certain plants in the garden that repel them. And plants when damaged give them off and it attracts bugs. Kinda like nature's way of enforcing natural selection.
In Texas, we use ultrasonics to drive bats out. Works awesome.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

while the kids lay on the floor eating Cheetos and Jellybeans, all while spilling their coolaid, is a loaded situation.
Totally. In normal home situations, it may not be very effective, but if it drives critters away from my plants and toward the trash can, I'm good with that.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
As always debate is absolutely welcome. We don't have to agree and that's fine but we do have to be respectful.

All opinions, facts and information are welcomed so our members can decide for themselves.

We do have an ignore function for those not wanting to see posts of others.
It's true, while I don't generally use it myself, I"m quite sure there's a couple around here that have me blocked, lol.
I try not to be annoying (but sometimes I am), but I do always strive to remain respectful.

Learning isn't always for the thin skinned.
I've had plenty of harebrained schemes that haven't panned out, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. In the end though, my sheer persistence has helped me to succeed.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's true, while I don't generally use it myself, I"m quite sure there's a couple around here that have me blocked, lol.
I try not to be annoying (but sometimes I am), but I do always strive to remain respectful.

Learning isn't always for the thin skinned.
I've had plenty of harebrained schemes that haven't panned out, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. In the end though, my sheer persistence has helped me to succeed.
Absolutely.

Hey, did you know that the U.S. Army has a sonic gun? It can incapacitate hundreds of people at once. Imagine if that were aimed at aphids?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Can you share what exactly your pictures are and how you have killed off the spider mites? I have heard of using low amounts of electricity for spider mites as in a positive electrical field in the grow media but what exactly are you doing with the products in the pictures?
Yea, the best thing that works for me is this...
PrueCrop 1

But it's expensive, and I've developed my own formula that's cheaper, just, or more effective, and exceptionally clean. Zero residue. I honestly believe the plants come out cleaner afterwards, than from the starting point.

It's also a biostimulant, a fungicide, and a surfactant, it reduces heat and cold stress.

Now that's not to say the plants can't be burnt with this stuff, it can. So you've got to watch your concentrations, and especially what the tail ends of the spray bottle where the foam concentrates... But it's the best solution for mold and bug's I've ever seen, period. I dealt with bugs in the house for years... all gone!

The formula I've created, looks, smells appears more clean than the purecrop. I think I've found better a little better balance, but there's is likely a little more effective on the actual death rates. You can spray this stuff on the plant, and it will simply start working immediately, you can literally count the dead bugs.

It will dissolve the egg and larve...
It will dissolve the exoskeleton..
It will deny them the ability to digest food... by blocking enzymes, and by clogging their mouths.

For the cellphone buzzers, they can be had for very cheap on ebay, and they run off of 110v, 220v, and even 12v...

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Dissolving phospholipids in an aqueous solution hold a lot of promise for the industry, I believe. Not just in regards to insecticidal properties, but fungicide, nutrient and hormone delivery, biome management, stress reduction, so much potential here.... Because your working on a biochemical level of the plant, and it's a chemical mover... so you can manipulate the environmental factors to some extent, in many different ways.

ie. carrier molecules. Virtually anything can be done with them, if the plant will tolerate it.
These molecules allow you to get right up to the trichomes, where talking (nm) nanometers (1×10⁻⁹ m, and as 1/1000000000 metres) without actually touching it. It can actually get between the trichomes...

Hey @Frankster welcome to the team buddy.
TYVM Aqua, thanks for having me. I know you must have been involved, and I thank you for this opportunity.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Dissolving phospholipids in an aqueous solution hold a lot of promise for the industry, I believe. Not just in regards to insecticidal properties, but fungicide, nutrient and hormone delivery, biome management, stress reduction, so much potential here.... Because your working on a biochemical level of the plant, and it's a chemical mover... so you can manipulate the environmental factors to some extent, in many different ways.

ie. carrier molecules. Virtually anything can be done with them, if the plant will tolerate it.
These molecules allow you to get right up to the trichomes, where talking (nm) nanometers (1×10⁻⁹ m, and as 1/1000000000 metres) without actually touching it. It can actually get between the trichomes...

TYVM Aqua, thanks for having me. I know you must have been involved, and I thank you for this opportunity.
Came from the top brother.... you earned it.

Top Bottom