Are male Auto's possible?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A buddy of mine thinks that he has a Green Crack auto growing, but he thinks it is a male. I know nothing about autos, but is this even possible? I thought all autos were feminized by nature.

Ina

Ina

There is reg auto strains listed in some of the seed banks.I had male autos few times. his seeds were regular or fem?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There is reg auto strains listed in some of the seed banks.I had male autos few times. his seeds were regular or fem?
supposedly fem seeds. He isn't seeing male flowers, but sees some differences that make him think they are males. I'll know more later on.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yes but not in the usual sence, since most autoflowers are feminized if there bunk they will not flower, instead of seeing 2 pistols at the nodes u will see 2 vertical spikes, but i have never come across pollen sacks, they look completely normal, will not flower and have 2 vertical spikes at nodes few if any pistols.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yes but not in the usual sence, since most autoflowers are feminized if there bunk they will not flower, instead of seeing 2 pistols at the nodes u will see 2 vertical spikes, but i have never come across pollen sacks, they look completely normal, will not flower and have 2 vertical spikes at nodes few if any pistols.
He said he is seeing the spikes, which I usually see on all grows regardless of auto/regular, but he isn't seeing any pistils. IDK. This might be his first time with an auto. The seeds were freebies... buy 5 seeds and get a free Green Crack seed type of deal. I can't see a seed breeder selling male auto seeds if they want to have a good reputation, but who knows. Time will tell.

Xhale

Xhale

An auto plant is simply a hybrid between 2 types of canabis plants:
- Rudaralis (some hemp species)
- canabis that we smoke (sativa or indica or CBD strong)
the rudaralis strain is naturally auto flowering for both male and female. If this really is an auto-Male, then you guys should try to use it and pollinate an autofemale to get auto seeds (mix m+f). it may not be worth the effort, but it will be a REALLY fun game for 9 months, and if it works and the ganja is good, then you got a stash of auto seeds.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
... and if it works and the ganja is good, then you got a stash of auto seeds.
Very true, but the seeds would be mixed M/F, which presents the same problem with regular seeds... you lose 50% to males. I DO usually hatch a few regular seeds to keep things interesting, but it is so much easier to plan a grow for 8 buckets and having 8 females. Having 4 males would greatly lower my yield... unless I planted more auto seeds since photoperiod isn't important.
Pardon my somewhat rambling thoughts... I just got back from dialysis and nothing feels better after an afternoon of blod scrubbing than a big bowl of Malawi. My mind is going 100 different ways! 😎 I'll probably just see if he will grow it out to see what it becomes unless he plans on putting it outside...whic is too early around here. In that scenario, I might offer to "foster" it for him for a while and see how I do at autos!

Xhale

Xhale

Your rambling thoughts are welcome: no need for pardon. stay safe and healthy! these clinics/hospitals are the worst places to be in this era of flu!

yeah, the risk of males are the same. But the time and effort of identifying the bastards is reduced by the auto flowering component. So if you go up to 10seeds per run, then you get maybe 5 females every 4 months...after your 9 months of hard work to find, flower, and pollinate an auto-female with this male. I would not bother:) simply look after this one and see if she’s female.

Top Bottom