Are these plants gonna get where they need to be?

• Thread starter Eternulwinter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Very frustrated I made sure I watered the seedlings properly in the bigger pots studied very hard not to overwater or underwater these are 15 days old

seem small....will they still reach size and be good plants.this is my second grow.first one did not go well.so this is frustrating

Are these plants gonna get where they need to be
Are these plants gonna get where they need to be 2
logdog

logdog

I wouldnt worry yet, probably just getting their roots under them then they will take off. I had the occasional runt over the years but to have 3 would be pretty unusual, if your environment is good they will probably be fine, good luck

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Very frustrated I made sure I watered the seedlings properly in the bigger pots studied very hard not to overwater or underwater these are 15 days old

seem small....will they still reach size and be good plants.this is my second grow.first one did not go well.so this is frustrating
Way too big a pot for seedlings. You needed to start in a small cup / pod ( solo cups) then transplant up as it grows. Those pots are too big even for your end game. What are they 5 gallon? I max out at 5 gallon but I veg for a long time, 3 gallon is plenty for most of my in door grows unless I intend on vegging for over a couple of months. I can grow 7 ft monsters in 5 gallon...just saying......they may get there but it'll take some time....next time pot up as needed.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Way too big a pot for seedlings. You needed to start in a small cup / pod ( solo cups) then transplant up as it grows. Those pots are too big even for your end game. What are they 5 gallon? I max out at 5 gallon but I veg for a long time, 3 gallon is plenty for most of my in door grows unless I intend on vegging for over a couple of months. I can grow 7 ft monsters in 5 gallon...just saying......they may get there but it'll take some time....next time pot up as needed.
2 are 3 gallon,other is 2.....

autos

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

Thought not good to transplant autos.that ruined my first grow

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thought not good to transplant autos.that ruined my first grow
Not good to shock Auto's and lose growth days, transplanting is fine. Transplant shock happens if you are rough in transplanting, my plants don't get shock if I transplant at the right time, when the soil is dry enough & has enough roots to stay together when removing from the small pot.

I have a hole in the soil of the next sized pot the exact size of the pot I'm transplanting out of so when I remove the plant to be transplanted up it just slips into the new hole. Pat it down top it off with fresh soil add a little water or nute's depending on needs to help seat the plant in its new home. Zero shock, they're all up and perky the next day looking like they've grown a bit

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

2 are 3 gallon,other is 2.....
Not good to shock Auto's and lose growth days, transplanting is fine. Transplant shock happens if you are rough in transplanting, my plants don't get shock if I transplant at the right time, when the soil is dry enough & has enough roots to stay together when removing from the small pot.

I have a hole in the soil of the next sized pot the exact size of the pot I'm transplanting out of so when I remove the plant to be transplanted up it just slips into the new hole. Pat it down top it off with fresh soil add a little water or nute's depending on needs to help seat the plant in its new home. Zero shock, they're all up and perky the next day looking like they've grown a bitView attachment 1170892View attachment 1170893View attachment 1170894View attachment 1170895
Oh nice

growsince79

growsince79

I have a hole in the soil of the next sized pot the exact size of the pot I'm transplanting out of so when I remove the plant to be transplanted up it just slips into the new hole. Pat it down top it off with fresh soil add a little water or nute's depending on needs to help seat the plant in its new home. Zero shock, they're all up and perky the next day looking like they've grown a bitView attachment 1170892View attachment 1170893View attachment 1170894View attachment 1170895View attachment 1170897
Great minds think alike. That's exactly how I do it too.

Eternulwinter

Eternulwinter

I have a hole in the soil of the next sized pot the exact size of the pot I'm transplanting out of so when I remove the plant to be transplanted up it just slips into the new hole. Pat it down top it off with fresh soil add a little water or nute's depending on needs to help seat the plant in its new home. Zero shock, they're all up and perky the next day looking like they've grown a bitView attachment 1170892View attachment 1170893View attachment 1170894View attachment 1170895View attachment 1170897
Well should I start over or keep going I don’t wanna grow these for three months and it not be worth it when I could just start over but I really don’t want to start over LOL

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well should I start over or keep going I don’t wanna grow these for three months and it not be worth it when I could just start over but I really don’t want to start over LOL
To me they look like 1 week old plants. Just leave them as they are. What light do you use for veg? Do you know what your lux is off the light you are using? My plants above look like week olds & those in green pots maybe 10 days - 12 days old. I put them in my Flower room through the day and my 1000w hps pumps them up for 10 - 12 hrs / day.

I Just started using an LED light SF 1000 from Spider Farmer so i'm learning the ropes growing with led's and can't offer much help in regards.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very common to see seedling stunt from to much light under LED. Not sure if that's the case here but just throwing it out there.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Very common to see seedling stunt from to much light under LED. Not sure if that's the case here but just throwing it out there.
Where is that line between too much and too little? I started mine at 9000 lux 24" away, next day 13,000 18" a day later 13" 20,000 - 22,000. How high can i go?

growsince79

growsince79

Great minds? You haven't seen my post about me believing I may have been abducted then, have you?
I was also abducted by aliens in the late 70s. Weird things happen on windowpane. I'm pretty sure it was real though.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Where is that line between too much and too little? I started mine at 9000 lux 24" away, next day 13,000 18" a day later 13" 20,000 - 22,000. How high can i go?
Honestly it depends... plants tell you and genetics and environment as big if not bigger than co2

Top Bottom