Balcony growers: I have to chase the sun all day, do you?

• Thread starter TheBrokeGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheBrokeGrower

TheBrokeGrower

Hi!
So the basic info is:
I live in an apt complex that luckily doesn't care that I have cannabis growing on my porch Yada, yada, yada; anyway I currently have a single female white widow plant growing. She reached the veg stage about a month ago. Anyway I usually spend all day chasing the sunlight around on my porch. I have a western facing porch, and a pine tree obscuring a bit of the sunlight depending on day. I was always taught that at bare minimum bud plants need 4 + hours daily of direct sunlight. Anyway I've mapped out my porch to get max sun and use nutrients, water daily @ at least 18 oz.

Basically wondering whether I should just invest in a grow closet or if its viable to continue outdoor grows. I already know this isn't the optimal grow environment but I wanted to at least try to grow as naturally and at as minimal cost as possible...anyway I would love and appreciate some feedback greatly and am so happy I have found this community 🙃🙃🙃

Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you
Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you 2
Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you 3
Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you 4
Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you 5
Balcony growers i have to chase the sun all day do you 6
Jakecan

Jakecan

Honestly I feel like if you invest a little bit into a closet or tent grow you will have SO much more success. I'm sorry to say but cannabis plants need way more than just 4 hours of sunlight to grow optimally for you to have bud worth smoking.

You look like you would do well in a grow tent and I know you can do it for cheap if you do research. Theres tons of forums here that I'm sure you could figure something out. But for what it is, good work! Now lets get you into a grow space so you can put your skill to work :)!

TheBrokeGrower

TheBrokeGrower

Honestly I feel like if you invest a little bit into a closet or tent grow you will have SO much more success. I'm sorry to say but cannabis plants need way more than just 4 hours of sunlight to grow optimally for you to have bud worth smoking.

You look like you would do well in a grow tent and I know you can do it for cheap if you do research. Theres tons of forums here that I'm sure you could figure something out. But for what it is, good work! Now lets get you into a grow space so you can put your skill to work :)!
Hi, so thats what I was thinking, I mean my plant gets about 6-7 hours of direct sunlight a day on average, I was just saying that's what I guess was the old wives tale where I grew up. Anyway, what I'm wondering about, since I've never grown indoors, is what's the best type of light in ur opinion, and does it make a difference on the strain how many hours of sunlight, water, etc it gets. I feel like such a noob but ya gotta start somewhere lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

One plant, all you need is a simple light.
A sponsor here, Spider Farmer is selling their older model SF1000 for about $60. That's all you need for the one plant.
They make good quality lights. We love ours.

Except for the over watering, it looks really good.

Top Bottom