Banana with a pistil? I must be seeing things.

• Thread starter JTShakes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JTShakes

JTShakes

So this is my second run of Dutch Passion - Durban Poison. The first went full herm, seeded my room (jerk!) and got chopped at about four weeks into flower. This current plant is...different.
I've been struggling with low soil pH this grow, so the plant is definitely a little stressed and it's looking like she's going hermie as well (bummer!). But this time I was expecting it, so it's all alone. I've decided to let it grow and seed itself if it wants to, then make concentrates/tincture with the seedy buds.

Here's the thing...
I'm doubting myself now. I've seen herms, but never like this. Can anyone relate or help shine a little light on this? I've been watching these buds up close for at least a week now, and tonight I snapped some pictures of what appears to be a pistil growing in a 'nanner? I scraped it with my fingernail just to see if it was attached, and it is. I've attached some shots of different angles as well as pics of another bud and the whole plant. It's beautiful so far, with pink and purple trichomes and a lovely bud structure. I'm just wondering if I'm seeing things. Let me know what you see. Questions/comments are encouraged!

-JT

Banana with a pistil i must be seeing things
Banana with a pistil i must be seeing things 2
Banana with a pistil i must be seeing things 3
Banana with a pistil i must be seeing things 4
Banana with a pistil i must be seeing things 5
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
If that’s the only one you see, pluck it off.

JTShakes

JTShakes

If that’s the only one you see, pluck it off.
Definitely NOT the only one. I'm still plucking and trying to do damage control, but it's moot. It's not going full-on pollen sacs like the last Durban I grew from this seed pack, but it is throwing bananas on most of the buds. No other plants in the room so no extra harm done. We'll see how badly it seeds up.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Definitely NOT the only one. I'm still plucking and trying to do damage control, but it's moot. It's not going full-on pollen sacs like the last Durban I grew from this seed pack, but it is throwing bananas on most of the buds. No other plants in the room so no extra harm done. We'll see how badly it seeds up.
Do they all have pistils coming out of them?

JTShakes

JTShakes

They do not. The first three pics are of the only one I've ever seen like that in my 15 yrs of growing. I was mostly wondering if anyone had ever seen anything like that before.

Top Bottom