Black on leaves

• Thread starter Copperhead66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Does anyone have any information on what this is.
Thx
Oh no. Not the purple disease. I see this commonly happening on outdoor grows which tells me it is spreading. I’ll find that thread one second.

Good luck.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If it was further into flowering I might suspect bud rot, but it does look like the dreaded "purple disease". It usually results in stunted and deformed growth but often clears up after a while. This has been becomming more widespread and is seen from cost to coast as well as overseas, I believe. Not sure what the pathogen is but it is most common in outdoor grows.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The pic is not the exact same one? I could well be mistaken
Different thread, same issue. It’s happening often outdoors.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
It’s a tough one. There’s no doubt about that one.

Olt

Olt

My buddies have tried everything, completely changed soil and added new nutes. Indoors they're fine. I guess no one has had this tested by a plant pathologist yet? We're in the northeast, on our third year of this "purple".

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
My buddies have tried everything, completely changed soil and added new nutes. Indoors they're fine. I guess no one has had this tested by a plant pathologist yet? We're in the northeast, on our third year of this "purple".
I think it’s circulating. I wonder if any California cash crops have been affected by this.

Olt

Olt

I think it’s circulating. I wonder if any California cash crops have been affected by this.
Good question, I think I've read it's in Hawaii, so I'd imagine it's there. When cash crops get affected, there will be tests done for sure. I'm not sure the results would be shared with the expense of the testing though.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Good question, I think I've read it's in Hawaii, so I'd imagine it's there. When cash crops get affected, there will be tests done for sure. I'm not sure the results would be shared with the expense of the testing though.
Another farmer just stated in the larger part of the thread they stated it may be spread by the leaf hopers. Have you guys had any signs or seen those in your garden at all?

Olt

Olt

Another farmer just stated in the larger part of the thread they stated it may be spread by the leaf hopers. Have you guys had any signs or seen those in your garden at all?
Yes, I saw many leaf hoppers when I looked at them last year and have tried to convince my buddies that this must be the problem. This year they sprayed Sevin on surrounding brush to knock them down but I don't think it's helping. Several miles away, on another hillside, my other buddy is growing the same clones with no purple, but he has tons of leaf hoppers too.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes, I saw many leaf hoppers when I looked at them last year and have tried to convince my buddies that this must be the problem. This year they sprayed Sevin on surrounding brush to knock them down but I don't think it's helping. Several miles away, on another hillside, my other buddy is growing the same clones with no purple, but he has tons of leaf hoppers too.
What’s crazy is that you have had it each of the last three years and he hasn’t had shit. That’s what blows my mind. Like why? You know?

C

Copperhead66

Has anyone tried using a fungicide on it? I was wondering if that might help

Olt

Olt

What’s crazy is that you have had it each of the last three years and he hasn’t had shit. That’s what blows my mind. Like why? You know?
Yes it is crazy. My best guess is that a certain tree species has a disease that spreads via leaf hoppers, thrips or aphids, only spreading to plants nearby. But the wide spread of cases and the fact we all have leaf hoppers up here but only some have purple has me stumped.

Top Bottom