Blood bud & big bud & Overdrive

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello everyone would like to here what people think of using blood bud and big bud in UC and experiences with it, also if you have used it at what rate through out flowering?
Also I heard that overdrive is really good instead of flushing with straight RO what's people take on that

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Used Big Bud in the past with no issues in the UC system, as with most ALL products used in the UC system you can cut the dosage by as much as 75% of what the label says and then work your way up from there in dosage watching how the plants respond very close. Let the plants tell you how much they need or want.

You can pretty much apply this method with almost ANY and ALL products that you use or might use in the UC system. It is kind of like a general rule of thumb, start with at least 75 to 50% less than label dosage and work your way up or down from there.

As far flushing with Over Drive, that would be better than using just RO water. There is no need to starve the plants at any point in time really. IMO the flush is another myth of growing and widely misunderstood. The "flush" is actually in the "cure".

With that said, you do want to lower EC levels and "flush" the system to get lower levels of element concentrations to force the plant to use what is stored in the remaining support leaves.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I use Big bud an overdrive and never have problems in the uc just be careful if using them together. That gets tricky.I always run my nutrients at half but BB and overdrive full strength.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I use Big bud an overdrive and never have problems in the uc just be careful if using them together. That gets tricky.I always run my nutrients at half but BB and overdrive full strength.

I do the same full flower power with the boosters

dankworth

dankworth

Hello everyone would like to here what people think of using blood bud and big bud in UC and experiences with it, also if you have used it at what rate through out flowering?
Also I heard that overdrive is really good instead of flushing with straight RO what's people take on that

Do not flush with overdrive.
If you do hours and hours of detective work, you will find comments on the meds from that very large room that was flushed with 300 ppms overdrive.
Don't do it. I encourage you to find the info.
I flushed with overdrive like he did, but lower than 300 ppms.
I did not like it at all.
Better ways to get more weight and higher quality.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Ok great I'm using my nutrients at half strength anyways just didn't know how to use my AN booster thanks bubblehaze

I do the same full flower power with the boosters

Budgoggles question I'm going to use blood bud full strength first week after that I'm going to drain out water and start week 2 with BB now my question is if you run full strength the label recommendation of .5 gr / liter for week 2-6 or you change Rez every week and put the same amount every Rez change thanks

Do not flush with overdrive.
If you do hours and hours of detective work, you will find comments on the meds from that very large room that was flushed with 300 ppms overdrive.
Don't do it. I encourage you to find the info.
I flushed with overdrive like he did, but lower than 300 ppms.
I did not like it at all.
Better ways to get more weight and higher quality.

Dankworth I hear lots of people loving it and also hating it I'm trying to decide on what I'm going to do maybe run overdrive for 2 weeks and then flush for 2 weeks with RO let's see if anybody else have any experience with overdrive

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Yes every fresh batch of nutes gets full boosters and then use base nutes to get to desired ppm. I run overdrive 10 - 14 days then a full week of pure RO water. 2 weeks flush is to much in the UC. 5 days is even good enough

dankworth

dankworth

I will say that flushing for two weeks in coco mixes is just about right in my opinion. But less days of flushing might be appropriate for a higher performance nutrient delivery system like rdwc. So it might be legit after 10 days of flush, who knows.

I really like the hammerhead/moab combo. I have only tried it in coco. I have tried overdrive and shooting powder before in rdwc. Overdrive didn't do shit. 1-5-4 and some vitamin c. Overdrive is a terrible value for a product.
Shooting powder has chem pgrs in it I'm pretty sure. It made more meds, but I thought it was too weird and imparted a negative quality to my meds.
Mother of all blooms is the shit, because it contains triacontanol. You can get a similar rx from alfalfa tea, which naturally has a bunch of triacontanol as well as a grip of aminos and other things.

Anyway, using some base nutes for veg through week 1, 1/2 veg 1/2 flower for week 2, and flower for weeks 3-5 is fine. Then the hammerhead/moab combo week 6 and 7(look it up here), then flush for weeks 8 and 9.
This is that 'better weight and better quality' thing I was talking about. Triacontanol from the Moab produces another flowering push, for lots of weight gain. Triacontanol fortunately is safe to use and does not hurt quality, in fact it frosts shit up.
Do not run your moab longer than two weeks there at the end. Your plant will not like it.

This is the best way I know of so far to get improvements in quality and weight as far as any pgrs/nutrient profiles go.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Im a big advanced fan I have used most of their line. As far as bud blood I liked it but honestly fox farms has a product called open sesame and it works just as good if not better than bud blood and its only 25 or 35 for a Lb and its application rate is much less and it looks identical to bud blood same color and everything. I did a side by side with the same strain cut from the same mom and they both worked equally well. they both break down pretty good i dnt think you will have a problem using it the uc if u mix it in a jug with warm water u should be fine. I used bud blood at 1 gm per gallon and the big bud i used liquid and used it at 8ml per gallon. Also overdrive is your finishing nutrient it goes bud blood week1,2 big bud 3,4 and over drive 5,6 flush 7,8 if its a 8 week strain I think your thinking of final phase witch is a flushing solution. If you check out my thread it has my recipe what advanced nutes I use and how much check it out any way hope this helps late.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

After going to to the hydro store I went in to get some blood bud so I figured at 1 gr/ gallon so I need 60+55 for res = 110 gallons and at the start of flower these baby's drink a lot so I think 2 top off in the first week so I went in to buy the 300gr and holy shit $153 for 300gr so I end up buying 2.5 kg of open sesame with is almost double the size for a 1/3 the price At $53.00

So what do you guys/gal think of open sesame?

Dizzy Farmer

Dizzy Farmer

As far flushing with Over Drive, that would be better than using just RO water. There is no need to starve the plants at any point in time really. IMO the flush is another myth of growing and widely misunderstood. The "flush" is actually in the "cure".

Cheers!

Cheers!

Sorry, but that's really bad information. Do not flush with Overdrive. Overdrive is a flower enhancer, used during the last phase of bloom. Some use from week 5 with a 2 week flush, but I use it in weeks 6 and 7 of an 8 week cycle, followed by a Week 8 flush using water and/or one of the flushing agents. Eg Canna flush or AN final Phase.

You need to remove all the salts, chemicals and minerals from the medium, so all you can taste is the herb and no chemicals. That is 100 % true mate. The plant will use the last of the available nutes during the flush, and cannibalise itself as the leaves yellow rapidly as it uses up all the excess nitrogen in the leaves. I do a couple of flushes with a chemical flush, then pure water and I harvest when the media dries out.

Don't take my word for it, watch the greenhouse seeds grows (on youtube) they talk about when and why they flush extensively or do your own (non forum) research on flushing.

Helpme11

Helpme11

Can I use overdrive while my flowers are week 4 of bloom would this effect this in any way? I've just finished my two week cycle of big bud I'm also using coco A&B and budders tree pk 9-18

Helpme11

Helpme11

I use Big bud an overdrive and never have problems in the uc just be careful if using them together. That gets tricky.I always run my nutrients at half but BB and overdrive full strength.[/QUOTE

Can I use overdrive while my flowers are week 4 of bloom would this effect this in any way? I've just finished my two week cycle of big bud I'm also using coco A&B and budders tree pk 9-18

Helpme11

Helpme11

Top Bottom