Brown and White Dots on the leaves

• Thread starter egtenma
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
egtenma

egtenma

Good Morning,
I have noticed a week ago some kind of orange/brown and white dots appearing in my leaves. At first i thought it would disappear, now it is just getting worse and I really dont know what to do...
Can anyone help me or tell me what do i need to do?
Brown and white dots on the leaves

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Have you scoped the bottom of the leaves for bugs?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

No and I dont even have something to scope with, should I be worried either way?
I would get something to scope them with. It's something you'll need for determining when the plants are ready to harvest, anyway.

I am not an expert on pests, but you might have some kind of mite. Look at the underside of the leaf, especially near the veins.

egtenma

egtenma

I think you might be right because I got some other plants close to her and despite not having the same "dot" form deformation, some leaves are getting ruined. Can it be coming from there? Then I'd have to "clean" them all 'cause they'd be reappearing, right?
Either way, do you recommend anything to scope? And any place to get it?
Thank you for the time!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think you might be right because I got some other plants close to her and despite not having the same "dot" form deformation, some leaves are getting ruined. Can it be coming from there? Then I'd have to "clean" them all 'cause they'd be reappearing, right?
Either way, do you recommend anything to scope? And any place to get it?
Thank you for the time!
I use one of these:

But I also have a digital microscope that attaches to my phone, which is roughly the same price. Regardless, I like to have multiple magnification powers that go up to at least 20X.

I don't know what stage of growth they're at, but if you do have mites you can try blasting them with Nuke 'Em, from Flying Skull. It's rather safe and is effective on spider mites and thrips (though the label doesn't claim it works on thrips, it seems to.)

egtenma

egtenma

I use one of these:

But I also have a digital microscope that attaches to my phone, which is roughly the same price. Regardless, I like to have multiple magnification powers that go up to at least 20X.

I don't know what stage of growth they're at, but if you do have mites you can try blasting them with Nuke 'Em, from Flying Skull. It's rather safe and is effective on spider mites and thrips (though the label doesn't claim it works on thrips, it seems to.)
So, got me something to scope with, found a really damaged leave and the result was disgusting, can anyone recognize these?

Screenshot 20210505 164441 Video Player
VideoCapture 20210505 164452
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I would go with Nuke 'Em over neem. It's very effective and has no nasty effects.

Madbud

Madbud

After seeing the adults in your message, they look like mealy bug larva, kill them.

Top Bottom