buds humidity and ripen

• Thread starter Ecksrdz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecksrdz

Ecksrdz

Will the humidity cause the buds not to ripen ? And what’s the recommended humidity

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Will the humidity cause the buds not to ripen ? And what’s the recommended humidity
What week are these in? They don't look anywhere close to needing to ripen yet. Humidity with those plants and that airflow 50-60% easy for the next few weeks they are in no danger of bud rot.

Ecksrdz

Ecksrdz

3rd week into flower and the humidity went a little higher than 60 but I invested in a dehumidifier so I’m hoping for the best . It’s currently at 50

AdrienneGC

AdrienneGC

Hey @Ecksrdz , the temperature, and humidity are related. You can use this calculator to find your VPD. Recommended VPDs range from about 0.8 when you are propagating and 1.6 for flowering. Depending on your humidity sounds OK. It is my understanding that VPD is considered the "special sauce" and once you hone in your values, you will be able to produce a consistently good quality product.

And @Beachwalker's advice is good. Since cannabis is a dicot, it only has the stoma on the bottom side of the leaves so air movement is critical. Good luck :)

Madmax

Madmax

Is there charts on this site to compare with the calculator..ive actually bought an infrared thermometer but unsure on its accuracy.id say the accuracy is very important even if 1-2deg out? Crap pic .lense is scratched to shit

20200829 024521
Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is there charts on this site to compare with the calculator..ive actually bought an infrared thermometer but unsure on its accuracy.id say the accuracy is very important even if 1-2deg out? Crap pic .lense is scratched to shit
I did a write up of a collection of info on VPD. In there it gives ideal kpa ranges for stages and explain more of how the plants respond to it.

The problem with chart is you need a new one for every different leaf temp variant so you would likely need like 20+ charts.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey @Ecksrdz , the temperature, and humidity are related. You can use this calculator to find your VPD. Recommended VPDs range from about 0.8 when you are propagating and 1.6 for flowering. Depending on your humidity sounds OK. It is my understanding that VPD is considered the "special sauce" and once you hone in your values, you will be able to produce a consistently good quality product.

And @Beachwalker's advice is good. Since cannabis is a dicot, it only has the stoma on the bottom side of the leaves so air movement is critical. Good luck :)
Very nice site ya got there. Great info hoping a few more calculators like cooling for grow rooms etc in the future 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Cool 😎. I will read it tomorrow .i think i remember seeing that little while ago..im all plum tuckered out lol..nanoo nanoo..

AdrienneGC

AdrienneGC

Very nice site ya got there. Great info hoping a few more calculators like cooling for grow rooms etc in the future 👍
Always working on new calculators. I will think about the cooling for grow rooms but there may be too many variables. Any other ideas just let me know!! :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom