Bug ID.. Pretty sure this is a Thrip.. see HD VIDEO

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisano

Pisano

I’ve found 4 so far. Fast little buggers. All on my tray not on the plants. First one found when I moved one of my coco pots. I do not see typical spotted white/black leaf damage on any leafs at this point either. My hunch is a Thrip still... see attached video and picture.

I’m mid flower. I’ve read Spinosad is best to kill... just not sure if I can spray this late in flower. I don’t want any chemicals on my buds.. true medicine for me and my friends/family.

I have Plant Therapy and can use it if you guys agree it works on Thrips. Any help out there??

Bug id pretty sure this is a thrip see hd video
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

That's an earwig, it will eat your plant and roots. Not that big of a deal tho, they won't eat much.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Don't spray spinosad, use tanglefoot tangletrap sticky coating to paint the bottom of your stalks near the media. Then they can't climb your plant to eat it.

Pisano

Pisano

@TripsRabbit thanks for jumping in! I’ve had earwigs before in the house but never looking like that.. no disrespect.. are you sure?

Madbud

Madbud

sort of looks like a lightning bug shedding its case?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Well, I know it isn't a thrip unless it's some kind of Amazon jungle thrip, thrips are tiny. You are right about earwigs having tail barbs tho.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Well, I know it isn't a thrip unless it's some kind of Amazon jungle thrip, thrips are tiny. You are right about earwigs having tail barbs tho.
Other than the tail spikes it looks almost exactly like an earwig.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It is not a thrip.
It's some kind of bee. Notice the antenna and the double section thorax.
It looks like a drone. The eyes are too big for a worker and way too big for a Queen.
I wonder if you have a bee hive living in your home and they are coming inside now. I've seen it happen.

Pisano

Pisano

Unfortunately too small for a bee. Looks bigger with the microscope. I’ll try to find something to compare the size to if I find another.

It looks like a “tobacco Thrip” to me from what I was able to see online... praying it isn’t.

whatever this bugger is.. plant therapy at this stage, best option?

william76

william76

Yea,an earwig has pincers on its butt,sore if it nips u,like being burned,76

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I sent the mug shot to an Entymologist at the University of Michigan. He said it's a Rove Beetle and they eat other bugs and decaying plant matter but are harmless to growing plants. Take the stickies out and add more beetles!

Top Bottom