Bug problem. Help identify the bug ?

• Thread starter Growtime818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growtime818

Growtime818

Hello everyone. Have gotten some “teens” from a seller.. been a few weeks in veg. Noticing what looks like nutrient deficiency here and there. Cranked up the camg. Look worse. Crank up the a + b. Eh nothing crazy. Been noticing what I thought was fungus gnats. And I did see a little yellow tiny worm looking things on leaves before I hit them with Garden Insect spray and AVid. Been still fighting this “deficiency” and seeing twisting leaves. Finally saw these yesterday. Thinking it’s root aphids and gonna hit them with imid. But just trying to see if anyone can chime in. Plants looks okay. Trying to get to flower but noticed bugs yesterday.

Bug problem help identify the bug
Bug problem help identify the bug 2
Harvard

Harvard

I’m not into or know my beneficial bugs, but that sucker is pretty fast moving. Most fast moving bugs are beneficial.

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

The pictures are aphids,the video is a mite.Or thats all I seen in the video.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The top photo looks like a root aphid. Notice the tail pipes. The video seems to be a beneficial mite.

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

You have root aphids. Treat with imidacloprid. Should all be dead in 36 hours. Wait a at least a month before going into flowering.

Growtime818

Growtime818

You have root aphids. Treat with imidacloprid. Should all be dead in 36 hours. Wait a at least a month before going into flowering.
Going to do so today. Is the month mandatory wait or may I wait about a week or two before going into flower. Also heard to do a h202 mix w light feed after the imid to clean remainder out

Growtime818

Growtime818

First I thought they were fungus gnats because I was seeing little flies here and there and I put yellow traps and were catching them but I was gonna transplant another plant and noticed these bugs so I came to a halt. All the major infected souls I panicked and unfortunately cut and tossed the mother plants thinking they were the source of infestation.

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

The flyers are an indication of a heavy infestation. Imid is a true systemic. (Moves up and down the plant). You could flower before. The question is do you want to smoke imid? I don't know the levels that will be present after a couple of weeks but the longer the better.

Growtime818

Growtime818

Can anyone assist me in identifying this bug on the leaf. I did use imid for the roots and sprayed azamax the day before. Will prob spray with avid then garden insect. But what is this?

52843B8C CD73 405D AE93 8B5E76CBCD4C
7AFBEB54 F27D 43BB 9AB4 65F622F22280
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you should find out why this is happening?
dirty grow area.
overwatering the plants.
putting indoor plants outside for sunny days.
bringing in clones from outdoor plants.
dogs cats in/out.. etc..

Fuckingatodeaso

Fuckingatodeaso

Looks like a thrip and it looks like you have an intake problem or your getting clones that came with multiple bugs. Is you intake well filtered?

Growtime818

Growtime818

you should find out why this is happening?
dirty grow area.
overwatering the plants.
putting indoor plants outside for sunny days.
bringing in clones from outdoor plants.
dogs cats in/out.. etc..
Originally I brought in bunch of teens from one end and got about 10 from another. I believe these “thrips” came in from one end and possibly the aphids from another. The facility is new. All precautions taken. Shoe covers etc. there was a overwater issue few weeks prior which was corrected (took about a week to two to play catch up) and now this mess. Cleaning it up.

Growtime818

Growtime818

Looks like a thrip and it looks like you have an intake problem or your getting clones that came with multiple bugs. Is you intake well filtered?
I do have a variable intake at times for precaution but it has a electronic damper and a hospital grade a/c filter to it

Growtime818

Growtime818

I think I just got some shitty plants and they were mildly infested without me knowing. First run here !

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well the positive is your motivated, and your taking the bad with a good attitude, at least you weren’t in to flowering when this happened.
you will learn a ton right now dealing with it which could help save one of your future grows!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom