Can you hel me wih there seedling?

• Thread starter mdmazing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mdmazing

mdmazing

Can you hel me wih there seedling

Hello guys
A bunch of seedling died this year already... You said i was giving them too much water. You were right, i dont understand how i could make that mistake.

Now i give them little water, with a syringe. I put the water on the edges of the pot. Its been very hot, so they are inside most of the time... this is going horribly.

What do you think its happening with these 3 seedlings? Besides the stunted growth, i dont understand why they are like this, looking like they are dying... those are 3 of mine 5 feminized seeds... :(

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

View attachment 871260

Hello guys
A bunch of seedling died this year already... You said i was giving them too much water. You were right, i dont understand how i could make that mistake.

Now i give them little water, with a syringe. I put the water on the edges of the pot. Its been very hot, so they are inside most of the time... this is going horribly.

What do you think its happening with these 3 seedlings? Besides the stunted growth, i dont understand why they are like this, looking like they are dying... those are 3 of mine 5 feminized seeds... :(

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.
your [plants are getting bigger,feed them a little more,stay away from stem though,water around the edges and make them search ,but im going to say give just enough water were you just get water starting to come out and stop ,then do the lean of pot thing mentioned before watering again,once the pot has a good soak

Dan789

Dan789

One thing I would suggest is to use a toothpick with some thin gardeners tie wrapped around for support for your seedlings, that rubber plant tie stuff is too big, and you might end up snapping the stem your trying to save...
Also what type soil are you using, kind of looks like coco fiber?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What type of growing medium are you using? If a seedling of mine falls over, I just pile some extra dirt around the stem, propping it up. It will support it until it can stand on it's own. Regarding watering, I don't start my plants in small cups as I feel they are too difficult to keep the proper soil moisture...they seem to be either too dry or soaking wet, without too much time between the two extremes. I water the dirt, Promix in my case, totally before I plant the seedlings. I use 5 gallon buckets and the Promix will stay damp for a week or two once you get a little below the dirt's surface. The key is keeping the stuff damp, not dry or soaking wet. Once the plants are in the ground, I water them very lightly about 2" around the stem, just to provide a little moisture at the very top. By watering just a little (but enough to keep them alive), the roots will quickly fill the pot and use the water throughout the bucket. After a week or so, I water every other day or as needed.
Your plants don't look too bad, although they are way too small to be able to determine anything about them. Make sure you have enough light or they will stretch out and fall over. You can usually prop them up, but if it happens a bunch of times, it can damage the stem.

mdmazing

mdmazing

I will add some nutrients to the water, starting very slow.

I am afraid of the outside conditions. The sun is very hot but there is too much wind. Some seedling died, i think it was too much heat/light, and they were at partial shade always, when not inside.

The soil I am using is from Atami, Janeco Light Mix. I added some perlite.

Thank you so much for the help (I have to consume cannabis, and when I can grow it, i save so much money and so much trouble looking for weed...)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I will add some nutrients to the water, starting very slow.

I am afraid of the outside conditions. The sun is very hot but there is too much wind. Some seedling died, i think it was too much heat/light, and they were at partial shade always, when not inside.

The soil I am using is from Atami, Janeco Light Mix. I added some perlite.

Thank you so much for the help (I have to consume cannabis, and when I can grow it, i save so much money and so much trouble looking for weed...)
If the soil that you are using already has nutrients in it, as most potting soils have, you might not want to start feeding yet. Let the plants grow a little and get established before you start dumping nutrients on them. Plants, like small children, don't respond best to overfeeding. You wouldn't give an infant a pizza and a steak dinner... the same with plants. Let them grow up a little before you start feeding heavier nutrients.
If you decide to move outdoors, remember to get your plants used to the sun, since they can become badly sunburned. Keep them is partial shade for a few days until they can sit in the sun without damage, usually about a week. Cloudy days work great for this, since there is still UV light to harden the plats up a little.

mdmazing

mdmazing

If the soil that you are using already has nutrients in it, as most potting soils have, you might not want to start feeding yet. Let the plants grow a little and get established before you start dumping nutrients on them. Plants, like small children, don't respond best to overfeeding. You wouldn't give an infant a pizza and a steak dinner... the same with plants. Let them grow up a little before you start feeding heavier nutrients.
If you decide to move outdoors, remember to get your plants used to the sun, since they can become badly sunburned. Keep them is partial shade for a few days until they can sit in the sun without damage, usually about a week. Cloudy days work great for this, since there is still UV light to harden the plats up a little.
The seedling that is droping hard in the first picture didnt recover...

I gave them 1/4 of the minimum recommended dosage of the basic nutrients.

These days are sunny but much less hot than the last weeks. I fink the heat from last weeks killed some of them, along with over water.
Today they tolerated the sun, but between 12 and 16pm i put them in shade. Its very windy also, do they stress with wind? Is wind a major issue?

Can you see anything from this? I think its impossible for them to have too much or too little water, i've been very careful... (also, they have pollen and stuff from the air, should i clean them? how?)
IMG 2250
IMG 2251

Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Why not try and adopt some proven techniques to retain moisture, a humidity dome or plastic sandwich bags over the cups? Post haste before all are lost...

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Fam just poor like 50-100 ml in the pot to damp the soil and poor around the outsides. I have grown plants and never had over watering be a issue, too even say it’s impossible to over water or under water it is incorrect. If you leave your plants in a window they will not grow well. Wind is good for the plant not too much that it will break(obviously) . I think you are not reading what jimster is saying because you keep repeating the problems he solved or some sort of miscommunication .

mdmazing

mdmazing

I will make the test, i will try to find something to do a humidity dome. never done it before.

Fam just poor like 50-100 ml in the pot to damp the soil and poor around the outsides. I have grown plants and never had over watering be a issue, too even say it’s impossible to over water or under water it is incorrect. If you leave your plants in a window they will not grow well. Wind is good for the plant not too much that it will break(obviously) . I think you are not reading what jimster is saying because you keep repeating the problems he solved or some sort of miscommunication .
I use to water 10ml at a time. Last year basically all of of my plants died, and it was probably over water, i dont understand what else could have been.

I think I am reading it all, its on my best interest... and answering... But maybe I miss something? (this is a very stressfull time of the year...) what did I miss?

Thanks you so much for the help all!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

I will make the test, i will try to find something to do a humidity dome. never done it before.

I use to water 10ml at a time. Last year basically all of of my plants died, and it was probably over water, i dont understand what else could have been.

I think I am reading it all, its on my best interest... and answering... But maybe I miss something? (this is a very stressfull time of the year...) what did I miss?

Thanks you so much for the help all!
I think maybe a first step would be relaxing homie a lot of plants die from overcare maybe try searching for threads in a similar climate so you have a good idea on what you need. You don’t need to add Nurtrents to the seedlings at this stage water will do if you want to go the extra mile some people use green tea. Try to keep the humity high a lot of people gave you suggestions already. Try to have a good wet/ dry cycle and make sure the soil Drys before watering again dip your finger a little bit deeper to see how the soil is. Pour around the pot in a circular motion to help the roots look for water. Maybe try some shade to get use to the heat so they get use to the heat. Wind helps strengthen the stems but too much would hurt it. You can make a humity dome with a sandwich bag and some water.You are on the right track and you persevere so I wish you best of luck!

FTCG

FTCG

The guy that wilted over didn't have enough water in the bottom of the pot.

Saturate your soil, then mix it up, then add your seedling.

You shouldn't have to water after that for weeks.

When the soil drys out on top just stick your finger in the soil and test to see if it needs water.

roach

roach

It's hard to tell from a picture, it can be wrong PH, too much fertilizer in the soil (will make the plants look like they dont get enough water), too high temperature, or too dry soil.
If you dont fix the problem I would suggest getting some cheap birdseeds to experiment with, and save the expensive ones until you figured out what is wrong (also get some quality soil specificly for seedlings)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The latest picture looks like it is being nutrient burned, or something along that line. You should NOT, I can't over-emphasize it, need nutrients that soon after planting, especially if there are already nutrients in the soil you are using. What type of lighting are you using? You might have to prop up the seedlings if they aren't getting strong light until they stiffen up a little. Regarding watering, plants need water to live ad anyone who says differently is incorrect. I usually water around the seed, watering about as far around as the biggest leaf sticks out. The soil needs to be damp but not wet, and small cups are very hard to keep the "sweet spot" as far as water goes...they either dry way too quickly or hold too much water.
I would recommend using a felt or type of pot that allows air to get to the roots, this will also help prevent overwatering. Use a 1 gallon size to start and water the shit out of it after filling I with your grow medium...let it sit at least a day or two before planting sprouted seeds. With a bigger pot and being well hydrated, the seeds will follow the water/dampness in the pots as they fry, giving you good roots. Depending on your growing medium (I use Promix and a bag of composted manure), you shouldn't have to fertilize for close to a month depending on your growth. Plants LOVE light, and even if the light looks bright to our eyes, it needs to be powerful enough to be the same as the sun overhead in the summer, for best results.
Run the seedlings under 18/6 hrs until starting flowering. If you have enough light and follow these directions without adding all kinds of stuff, you will have a successful grow using regular water and $9 jars of fertilizer. Seriously. The hardest part about growing is letting them grow unmolested. Most have evolved to be happy just sitting in the sun!

mdmazing

mdmazing

I dont have any indoor equipment, i grow them outdoors.

Yes, I need to relax, you are right! But so you can understand me (i also need to talk about this, i have no one to share with), i had 3 "successful" years growing. I never got anything from grow shops. I would go get sand at the beach, amend my soil, and buy the cheapest general fertilizers i could find. I just spent money on seeds. I was obsessed with growing and i think i did good, much better that i ever thought!

Last year, i decided to get everything good quality... I bought fertilizers, soil, products for bugs and mold, everything in cannabis grow shops. But... I had the worst year. I thought it was bad luck, or i made some major mistake. This year, the same thing... I ruined like 15 seeds... I cannot understand why.... And its one more year that i have to buy shit hash to consume.

Thanks guys, i really really appreciate your help. and i read everything, more than one time in most cases

Top Bottom