My Indoor Garden Haven

• Thread starter OdlaFett
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Hey guys, been growing about 13 years, never kept a journal before but want to document this grow, thinking it may be fun to get some feedback and suggestions for improvments or just share with other growers.

The grow is 2x20 liters Cheese Dwc and another cheese in 10 liter soil pot. Thinking maybe saving her as a motherplant. They are about 8 days old now. Can clearly see the diffrence between the growth rate in Hydro compared to soil.

Im vegging with a 250w CFL 18/6 for another 2 weeks maybe then switching to 400w HPS veg. Flowering will be done with a 400w hps and a 250w hps running in cooltubes.

For nutes im trying out GHE 3 part because i got them free. They are little to watery for me but want to use them up. Usually I use GHE Nova or Greenhouseseeds powder feed.

Keeping them at at 300ppm 0.6 ec and ph is around 6. Got a humidfier running aswell.

Anyways just finished upgrading my grow space its 2m x 2m . It looks ghetto i know but i built it cheap. Its sealed and no light and smell is leaking out.

- I raised the roof and built a shelf for the ballast. They run hot AF and cant be kept inside the growroom. Plus now i can walk inside instead of crouching:

My indoor garden haven

My indoor garden haven 2

My indoor garden haven 3

My indoor garden haven 4

This my grow equipment, got everything I need, nutrients, ph, ec, microscopes, light meters etc:
My indoor garden haven 5

-

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Hi farmers, time for the first update! its now been exactly 1 month since they sprouted. Want to get some feedback on the progress. They are under a 250w hps and on the pics I covered the light to avoid blackbars. They both getting around 20.000 lux and the poor lady in soil about half so thats why shes so strechy.
I raised the ppm to around 700 ec 1.4-1.5. Ph around 6 now, steadily going up as it should. Lowering it every 3-7 days. The were very pale 10 days ago but are starting to get greener since I raised the EC. Do i dare raise it even more or should i let it be? Hows my progress for 1 month, should they been bigger by now? And take a look at the roots please, should it be more roots for a month? Was thinking vegging them one more month. I also just started treating them with hydrogenperoxide instead of bleach, I give them 15ml each ever 2 days, thats ok? Any input or feedback is appreciated. @Aqua Man sorry to tag you but would appreciate your input bro, be honest and harsh Im here to learn and improve!

20191205 193549

20191205 193631

Edit: They get VERY droopy before bedtime, light is 18/6 but never seen such droop before lights off before and then bouncing staright back up when lights on. Maybe somethings off IDK, thinking maybe they want more oxygen, airstones?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi farmers, time for the first update! its now been exactly 1 month since they sprouted. Want to get some feedback on the progress. They are under a 250w hps and on the pics I covered the light to avoid blackbars. They both getting around 20.000 lux and the poor lady in soil about half so thats why shes so strechy.
I raised the ppm to around 700 ec 1.4-1.5. Ph around 6 now, steadily going up as it should. Lowering it every 3-7 days. The were very pale 10 days ago but are starting to get greener since I raised the EC. Do i dare raise it even more or should i let it be? Hows my progress for 1 month, should they been bigger by now? And take a look at the roots please, should it be more roots for a month? Was thinking vegging them one more month. I also just started treating them with hydrogenperoxide instead of bleach, I give them 15ml each ever 2 days, thats ok? Any input or feedback is appreciated. @Aqua Man sorry to tag you but would appreciate your input bro, be honest and harsh Im here to learn and improve!

View attachment 917640

View attachment 917642

Edit: They get VERY droopy before bedtime, light is 18/6 but never seen such droop before lights off before and then bouncing staright back up when lights on. Maybe somethings off IDK, thinking maybe they want more oxygen, airstones?
Appreciate the tag kinda flattering man.

Here is my opinion. Straight as you asked.

You can bump the light up to probably 35-40k lux so long as the lights not to close to raise leaf temps to much. Can use the back of your hand to check.

The roots look very good. There seems to be some transpirtation issues that could be improved. Could be water temps, humidity or air temps but something is just a bit out. Not badly but a bit. I'm kinda leaning humidity a bit to high.

What is your

Air temp?
RH?
Water temp?
Leaf temp? If you can

As for nutes I see just a bit of tip curl. So I would say they should be reduced and once the transpiration issue is fixed they will drink more and so I would drop it down to about 400-500ppm.

The drooping can be a few things but I think mainly the transpiration. Do you have adequate air exchange? Low CO2 is uncommon but can cause this. Plus they will naturally droop a little before lights out. Especially when leaves are holding on to water like they appear.

That's the skinny from my opinion. All in all they look good man

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Appreciate the tag kinda flattering man.

Here is my opinion. Straight as you asked.

You can bump the light up to probably 35-40k lux so long as the lights not to close to raise leaf temps to much. Can use the back of your hand to check.

The roots look very good. There seems to be some transpirtation issues that could be improved. Could be water temps, humidity or air temps but something is just a bit out. Not badly but a bit. I'm kinda leaning humidity a bit to high.

What is your

Air temp?
RH?
Water temp?
Leaf temp? If you can

As for nutes I see just a bit of tip curl. So I would say they should be reduced and once the transpiration issue is fixed they will drink more and so I would drop it down to about 400-500ppm.

The drooping can be a few things but I think mainly the transpiration. Do you have adequate air exchange? Low CO2 is uncommon but can cause this. Plus they will naturally droop a little before lights out. Especially when leaves are holding on to water like they appear.

That's the skinny from my opinion. All in all they look good man

Thank you very much for taking your time and your feedback, The honour is completly mine and I think your spot on with the RH, i forgot to mention that sorry. Dont have a Rh meter forgot to buy batteries but its defenitly below 50%. I kept my dehumidfier off since I started running the cooltube felt it sucked out all the humidity out so no point, but didnt expect it to cause such a disturbance, but now that you pointed that out i will try fix it right away! I must move the filter outside the grow space during veg then, will be a hassle but worth it. Or maybe just skip using cooltube during veg, think that would be easier.

Ait temp is about 22C (73F) and water temp stays 70-72 F, bit on the high side but I dont have chillers? Maybe I should start with 0.5liters ice bottles directly inside the tanks? Tried keeping 2 liter ice bottles between the two tanks but it hardly did anything for the temps, probably because of the low contact area on a round bottle.

I have a laser temp, it says 22C on the higest leafes. (72F)

regarding the lux i could just swap over to the 400W hps instead maybe that would be better.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you very much for taking your time and your feedback, The honour is completly mine and I think your spot on with the RH, i forgot to mention that sorry. Dont have a Rh meter forgot to buy batteries but its defenitly below 50%. I kept my dehumidfier off since I started running the cooltube felt it sucked out all the humidity out so no point, but didnt expect it to cause such a disturbance, but now that you pointed that out i will try fix it right away! I must move the filter outside the grow space during veg then, will be a hassle but worth it. Or maybe just skip using cooltube during veg, think that would be easier.

Ait temp is about 22C (73F) and water temp stays 70-72 F, bit on the high side but I dont have chillers? Maybe I should start with 0.5liters ice bottles directly inside the tanks? Tried keeping 2 liter ice bottles between the two tanks but it hardly did anything for the temps, probably because of the low contact area on a round bottle.

I have a laser temp, it says 22C on the higest leafes. (72F)

regarding the lux i could just swap over to the 400W hps instead maybe that would be better.
Yeah humidity high or low can cause that so I would get a gauge if ya can.

You can raise the temps if possible leaf temps of 74-78f I find to work best. I actually have my res at 70 atm but will be increasing to 74f over the next week or 2. The cooler temps are good for slowing any bacterial growth but warmer like you have is not an issue and will actually help speed up motabolism of the plant. I do feel you want warmer leafs than roots so while I have never looked into it I think it can have an impact. If you can lower the light an inch or 2 a day and get leaf temps up to 76ish while keeping root zone 72 I think that may help

Also need to find out the humidity and I can calculate the right VPD for this stage of growth.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Yeah humidity high or low can cause that so I would get a gauge if ya can.

You can raise the temps if possible leaf temps of 74-78f I find to work best. I actually have my res at 70 atm but will be increasing to 74f over the next week or 2. The cooler temps are good for slowing any bacterial growth but warmer like you have is not an issue and will actually help speed up motabolism of the plant. I do feel you want warmer leafs than roots so while I have never looked into it I think it can have an impact. If you can lower the light an inch or 2 a day and get leaf temps up to 76ish while keeping root zone 72 I think that may help

Also need to find out the humidity and I can calculate the right VPD for this stage of growth.
i will be buying batteries first thing tomorrow, give me 24 hours since the stores already closed here. I just disconnected the hose from the filter and now its sucking unfiltered air from outside growroom threw cooltube and out again, meaning the air never touches the growspace. the cooltube will get dusty but dossent matter I will just clean it before flowering but on the plusside this should enable me to run the humidfier again without having to move that huge filter out and then later installing it back inside again.

Intresing fact about that water temp, gave me some piece of mind with that info, everyone kept saying if you go above 72 you would be doomed, RIP plants etc.
i use Growth Technology Liquid Oxygen hydrogen peroxide at 12%. It says 1ml per liter every day but it feels like overkill? Its about 3.5 ml per gallon.

Im going to lower the light a inch now like you said to about 30 lux. I update you tomorrow with all the info. And once again thank you for your time bro, wish I had asked for help sooner!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i will be buying batteries first thing tomorrow, give me 24 hours since the stores already closed here. I just disconnected the hose from the filter and now its sucking unfiltered air from outside growroom threw cooltube and out again, meaning the air never touches the growspace. the cooltube will get dusty but dossent matter I will just clean it before flowering but on the plusside this should enable me to run the humidfier again without having to move that huge filter out and then later installing it back inside again.

Intresing fact about that water temp, gave me some piece of mind with that info, everyone kept saying if you go above 72 you would be doomed, RIP plants etc.
i use Growth Technology Liquid Oxygen hydrogen peroxide at 12%. It says 1ml per liter every day but it feels like overkill? Its about 3.5 ml per gallon.

Im going to lower the light a inch now like you said to about 30 lux. I update you tomorrow with all the info. And once again thank you for your time bro, wish I had asked for help sooner!
If the hydrogen peroxide is working I would stick to it. Pythium is much easier to prevent than to fix. That dosage sounds about right.

So warmer water does hold a bit less oxygen but honestly it's not going to be an issue there is a lot of shit info and bro science out there on water temps. I will say if you have warmer temps like I will be running bacteria thrive and repopulate much quicker. Understanding that goes a long way. I run a live system so for me that's great my beneficial bacteria react very quickly to change in organics and populations can increase very quickly in order to respond to changes.

Now in a sterile system. You are killing all bacteria. So you need to be diligent in applying it every 3 days. I know it says 3-4 but you have to account for a little faster repopulation so 3 days is where ya should be.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I remember right studies have shown the optimal hydroponic water temp for growth to be 77f. Now there are some precautions that should be taken when doing this.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

The RH is between 55-70% now. Leaf temps 22 (72F), and grow room is about 72F aswell. water temp about 71F. Lot less air exchange now but i try to vent out and exchange the air 2-3 times a day. Now about 30.000 lux per plant. To afraid to go closer because of heat. Will switch to 400hps in 7days. I let the ppm stay at 700 since the ph is perfect now and hoping they will like it with the new living conditions. Will give them another 2 weeks with this new conditions and then update. If i see anymore signs of stress I will lower the PPM.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Huge progress in just 11 days, topped them, little bit of LST and did a minor defoliation of about 1/3 of the leafes. PPM sitting around 650, they kinda pale again but just did a nute change, last was 2 weeks ago so will wait a day or two before I bump it up some more. Ph at 5.6 now not to worried about that. The humidfier helped alot and the extreme drooping stopped, big thanx to Aquaman. Giving them h202 day 1 day 3 i give them Chlorin and then day 5 h202 again and day 7 chlorine again and repeating the cycle, mostly because wanting to save on the h202, chlorine is so much cheaper.
20191216 134804

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Huge progress in just 11 days, topped them, little bit of LST and did a minor defoliation of about 1/3 of the leafes. PPM sitting around 650, they kinda pale again but just did a nute change, last was 2 weeks ago so will wait a day or two before I bump it up some more. Ph at 5.6 now not to worried about that. The humidfier helped alot and the extreme drooping stopped, big thanx to Aquaman. Giving them h202 day 1 day 3 i give them Chlorin and then day 5 h202 again and day 7 chlorine again and repeating the cycle, mostly because wanting to save on the h202, chlorine is so much cheaper.
View attachment 921169
Rocking it man. I just did the same thing took some sat and some more today with another topping. They are cruising good job sir 👍

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Rocking it man. I just did the same thing took some sat and some more today with another topping. They are cruising good job sir 👍
Appreciate it, ty man. Yeah I saw today, insane growth, your grow is on another level man, they already grown out mine and they are about 3 weeks younger :D

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Appreciate it, ty man. Yeah I saw today, insane growth, your grow is on another level man, they already grown out mine and they are about 3 weeks younger :D
2 different systems man.... Don't compare them. Your killing it for your system.

I also spend around 3 grand on a system to grow 4 plants. Not exactly cost effective

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

2 different systems man.... Don't compare them. Your killing it for your system.

I also spend around 3 grand on a system to grow 4 plants. Not exactly cost effective
Its a fun hobby, totaly worth it, the co2 @ 1600ppm and a AC unit is a game changer and they last a long time. I would done the same thing if I hade the budget, one day though. Realy hoping you get atleast 2-3 females. Next step up for me is converting my buckets to 2x 4 buckets RDWC and also getting myself one of those quantom boards for the full spectrum benefits.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Btw, have you tried those UVB reptil lights?
Not yet but I am considering for this grow. If not next, I have seen enough scientific and peer evidence to make me believe they work. Dialing it in will be the issue and that might take a few grows since I would rather error on the side of caution. Still doing reading on this here and there before I pull the trigger. As far as reptile bulbs go the reptisun 5.0 seems to be the most well suited spectrum and ratii of UVA and UVB for this. Also I believe that not running it until flower onset until the last week of flower to be ideal but again no facts here.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Not yet but I am considering for this grow. If not next, I have seen enough scientific and peer evidence to make me believe they work. Dialing it in will be the issue and that might take a few grows since I would rather error on the side of caution. Still doing reading on this here and there before I pull the trigger. As far as reptile bulbs go the reptisun 5.0 seems to be the most well suited spectrum and ratii of UVA and UVB for this. Also I believe that not running it until flower onset until the last week of flower to be ideal but again no facts here.
Same here man need to read up more but thats basicly how I also understood it, didnt know the 5.0 was better yhough was thinking the 10.0 and also the t5 version to get a more even spread. Also heard to only run it a couple of hours a day and not 12h, 2hours on 6of and then 2more on, starting at about week 6.

Also heard its realy damaging to the eyes

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

View attachment 917640

View attachment 917642

Try +Life found here --> https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/
and Hydroguard which can be found on amazon.

They have done me right for quite a while. Oh, can we please get some snaps of the root system with no lights on (using just you flash). It is very difficult to see the color of the roots & plants due to the color of the lights.

Thanks 🍻

Subscribed!

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Try +Life found here --> https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/
and Hydroguard which can be found on amazon.

They have done me right for quite a while. Oh, can we please get some snaps of the root system with no lights on (using just you flash). It is very difficult to see the color of the roots & plants due to the color of the lights.

Thanks 🍻

Subscribed!
Dude, I just got my Hydroguard couple days ago and already noticing huge diffrence. Never going to grow without it again. Had root problems since last update and the plants were drooping like crazy every day starting about 2-3 before lights out. Now 3 days with hydroguard and they recovering like crazy. These roots are almost 2 months now, should be much more but mistakes were made. Finally the starting to grow into the res. Going to Veg them another 7-10 days.
20191229 171125

Last night I defoliated the shit out of them again for the 3rd time. Scrog screen going on tomorrow or tuesday. PPM at 550 now, might up them to 600 the coming days.

20191229 105612

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Dude, I just got my Hydroguard couple days ago and already noticing huge diffrence. Never going to grow without it again. Had root problems since last update and the plants were drooping like crazy every day starting about 2-3 before lights out. Now 3 days with hydroguard and they recovering like crazy. These roots are almost 2 months now, should be much more but mistakes were made. Finally the starting to grow into the res. Going to Veg them another 7-10 days.
View attachment 925291

Last night I defoliated the shit out of them again for the 3rd time. Scrog screen going on tomorrow or tuesday. PPM at 550 now, might up them to 600 the coming days.

View attachment 925293

Nice Recovery! 😎
I think you will find the addition of the +Life ( a blend of bacteria and fungi concentrate ) will be an additional insurance policy. It is not expensive and the smallest jar has lasted me over 18 months and i still have over half a jar left... I believe in belt AND suspenders! 🍻

Top Bottom