Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I saw Jbeezy from Seed Junky say something along the lines of this. He said a big tip for most growers is to never flower a plant from seed if you can. Take clones from the plant and flower those clones as it will always result in a better outcome. I thought that was very interesting.

Also Pk things are looking great man. Your ladies did not go nearly as crazy as mine on the stretch so you have a really nice structure going on there.
i didn't know about that, but good to know. Cuz i only have one seed that is precious to me and I kept it until i have a good amount of experience in growing so i can implement all of it to that mother.

ya, i was controlling the stretch with @Dirtbag temp differential suggestion.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
i was controlling the stretch with @Dirtbag temp differential suggestion.
How is that working out for you? I just dont have the heating capacity to increase my temps anymore than i already do without a sizeable energy bill increase. hah

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
How is that working out for you? I just dont have the heating capacity to increase my temps anymore than i already do without a sizeable energy bill increase. hah
it wasn't too bad actually. the heater kicked in during lights off for some time until the the temps get in range of 82f and during light on the heater was off since the heat of the lights brought the temps to 82f.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
how does one keep a mother plant short?
That's the million dollar question.. I try to prune fairly often and also prune the roots every so often. I also try to keep the lighting and nutrient inputs low. They still get fairly big after a while. When they get out of control, I take another few clones and replace the mother.

@growsince79 reminded me a few weeks ago about keeping moms under T5's. I'll probably go that route when i redesign my veg/mom tent. The spectrum and spectrum from T5s should be good for shorter/slower growth.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
it wasn't too bad actually. the heater kicked in during lights off for some time until the the temps get in range of 82f and during light on the heater was off since the heat of the lights brought the temps to 82f.
My room is COLD and i typically need to run a heater during lights on as well. I tried using my HPS earlier this tun but i just dont have the ventillation to keep tent temps manageable.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
When they get out of control, I take another few clones and replace the mother.
well that defeats the point of having a mother from seed lol!

My room is COLD and i typically need to run a heater during lights on as well. I tried using my HPS earlier this tun but i just dont have the ventillation to keep tent temps manageable.
im assuming you are either growing in a garage or shed outside? insulating the area would help to keep the temps in better.

Casimpi

Casimpi

That's the million dollar question.. I try to prune fairly often and also prune the roots every so often. I also try to keep the lighting and nutrient inputs low. They still get fairly big after a while. When they get out of control, I take another few clones and replace the mother.

If you guys are on instagram go look at this account: Golddustfarms He is a canna bonzi grower and has plants in all sorts of shapes. Plenty that he uses as a mother for his larger scale grow.

Here are some examples:
Golddust 1

Golddust 2

Golddust 3

jguit

jguit

Supporter
well that defeats the point of having a mother from seed lol!
Who cares if a mother is from seed? I'll only keep a mother around if I feel the genetics happen to be worth it after flowering some clones from her..

• Haha
jguit

jguit

Supporter
im assuming you are either growing in a garage or shed outside? insulating the area would help to keep the temps in better.
The room is insulated well, the problem is the heating wasn't setup properly by the previous owners and isn't on a separate 'zone'. The whole house would be cooking! haha

I can get the temps higher at night with my space heater but i dont want to run up any more energy usage than i already am. Energy (and just about everything else) prices have gone through the roof in my neck of the woods.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Who cares if a mother is from seed? I'll only keep a mother around if I feel the genetics happen to be worth it after flowering some clones from her..
lol, same. Other whys your spending all that energy and time on something that is not good.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
how does one keep a mother plant short?
cut it down bubba, the key is keeping your stump in good health; cause when you lose lower leaves; you never get that growth back. So you want to nurture everything on the lower end; and get it to to node; get several low runners; and maintain them.

@Casimpi The way he's got the plant laid on it's side like that is a highly effective technique. Cause your exposing those nodes straight up as runners.

But keeping nodes tight will help that effort. It's not terribly difficult to do when it's in veg, then working your leading edge downwards. Keeping it in a small pot helps too. But there's several good examples above.

Once it gets taller you can root it again; but as a mother ages it's always going to have a bit of a trunk; so to speak.
PXL 20220213 011142381MP

Last edited:
Casimpi

Casimpi

cut it down bubba, the key is keeping your stump in good health; cause when you lose lower leaves; you never get that growth back. So you want to nurture everything on the lower end; and get it to to node; get several low runners; and maintain them.

@Casimpi The way he's got the plant laid on it's side like that is a highly effective technique. Cause your exposing those nodes straight up as runners.

Yes, both of those are the way. He has videos of him cutting half of the plant off from the top to maintain the health of the lower "stump" portion. Both of these are more on the extreme side and your reference to small tweaks while in veg is the most common approach I would imagine.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
readjusting some tops through the sog net and thought why not get some close up shots. not sure if you guys know, but clicking on the picture will make it full screen
2022 02 17 152441
2022 02 17 152425

AMNESIA LEMON BARNEYS FARM

2022 02 17 152407
2022 02 15 111243

CINDERELLA G13

Last edited:
Top Bottom