Clones

• Thread starter Compost Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Compost Man

Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I've taken GDP'S clones from the first parent, bumper harvest. From the original parent I took its center clone and took bud branches again less but still stellar harvest, the third time what a DISMAL YIELD. What's happening ?

C

Compost Man

Will I get help through this thread ? Or do I need to go to that forum ,?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can anyone help me out with this problem ? I've taken GDP'S clones from the first parent, bumper harvest. From the original parent I took its center clone and took bud branches again less but still stellar harvest, the third time what a DISMAL YIELD. What's happening ?

Should be the same plant so maybe the roots were less healthy or another environmental problem or something else.

I have taken 2 clones from opposing similar lower branches and had them grow differently.

I assumed the roots were better on one of them.

BigCube

BigCube

Lol might want to wait more than 12 minutes for an answer.

Clones will be an exact clone of the mother plant, the way you start to lose traits or develop other traits (most unwanted) is through genetic drift.

For genetic drift it happen. You to to make clones of the clones for several generations. The farther you are from the seed, the greater your chance of genetic drift. If you have an f1 or f2 mother, and you take clones off of the same plant every time, it should be just like the seed it originally came from.

And variations would come from the variables in growing. Things like light, nutrients, ventilation, medium, training, pests, ect. The quality of your cutting can slow it down for a week or so, but once its healthy it should take right off.

I like to take healthy clones myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom