Close to harvest with some Caterpillar damage...

• Thread starter dretot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dretot

dretot

Hello,
I'm new here and nearing the end of my first outdoor grow. I'm at the end of week 6 or 7, not sure exactly. I found some cats last week. I've been diligently removing them and sprayed B.t. They've died off, but have done some damage. Should I cut out the damage and let them go another week or 2? Should I harvest now, clean and dry? I would like your advice on how to proceed.

thank you,
dre

Close to harvest with some caterpillar damage
Close to harvest with some caterpillar damage 2
Close to harvest with some caterpillar damage 3
Close to harvest with some caterpillar damage 4
Close to harvest with some caterpillar damage 5

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

That small tiny white dot is a cat egg. First pic, sugar leaf on the left side. Pick those off and hunt for them twice a day, morning and evening. If its under control let her finish up.

dretot

dretot

Thank you for the reply. I've been obsessive about cat control ever since first finding them. I check on them probably 10x's a day. I'm still learning and I actually found the first cats after reading about them on this site, I didn't realize it was such a bad problem, Thank you for pointing out the egg! Damn, they are such a pain.

dre

Chinook3

Chinook3

You can't find them all! When small they are about an 1/8 of an inch. They can be anywhere but what they are looking for is new soft growth, crawl in eat and grow. Then grow and find a new bud. You get left with a poopy hole in your bud that soon grows mold. On some nice big buds you will not even know until you are trimming. Best cure is prevention.

Chinook3

dretot

dretot

Yes, I learned a tough lesson. I will be "on it" should I decide to grow next year. Here's the top of a couple of buds that were dried out, just came right off. See the hole in the stem.
Bud hole 1
Bud hole 2

Chinook3

Chinook3

I use a spray program of neem a couple times a week during veg. Followed by adding BT and Green Cure to a tank of water in my sprayer twice a week during flower. The BT is safe and kills cats. The GC is for powdery mildew. It seems a very effective program. They do not seem to effect the plant as long as I spray early evening giving it time to dry before dark.

Fanman

Top Bottom