cure before Decarboxylation ?

• Thread starter Slap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slap

Slap

Do you have to cure before Decarboxylation? For use in edibles and lotions for joints

quirk

quirk

For your requirements, negative. Harvest timeline will determine effect and a good dry is all that's required before decarb.

chemistry

chemistry

I like to cure every thing, hash trim, keif, bud, I figure that I've spent 4 months growing it, so don't want to rush the final prosses, rushing anything in growing generally has a near fatal downside some were along the line. lol

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

I have been doing some experimenting with infusing simple syrup. I recently tried a water cure to see how it affects the taste of the syrup
The left is the water cure, the right is uncured
IMG 20200922 174857
IMG 20200922 175536

My hope is that the water cure will help curb some of the floral taste that lingers in the background
I have to use the tincture to infuse the syrup so I won't know the taste or potency for a few days
I am recording all my syrup infusions in the hopes one will be good enough to present
IMG 20200922 145154

IMG 20200923 105619

Here is an uncured infused simple syrup and raspberry puree being made into sorbet, very little floral taste covered up by lime
The end is a raspberry lime Rickey sorbet, I used perfect sorbet from modernist pantry

Last edited:
Christophers_Botanicals

Christophers_Botanicals

Hi Tincandtoke,

Interesting....can you explain the water cure? I'm not familiar with it?

Im super hungry now... the Sorbet looks devine!

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

A water cure is taking your flower and putting it in filtered or distilled water from 1-4 days
IMG 20200929 220056

Here is some distilled water after a strain called purple monkey balls was cured in it
The process is 1-4 days depending on strain and method
I have been able to reduce the cannabis taste significantly

RichardG

RichardG

Wow, amazing , do you buy indica weed online ? or grow it by yourself

Tincandtoke

Tincandtoke

Wow, amazing , do you buy indica weed online ? or grow it by yourself
Dispensary, sometimes overflow or rejected cannabis in the secondary market to make tincture for experiments
I am looking at another house with more rooms so I can set up a legal grow, need a cat proof room

The pineapples, jack and express, are back on the market, fun!!!!!!!

Top Bottom