Dead leaves

• Thread starter Ginger farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ginger farm

Ginger farm

Hi all I’ve been growing this plant outside for 3 months now. It’s been happy I know it could do with some more light but I can’t control the sun so...😂 but recently some of the leaves have started to die off and go crispy just wondering why this was. And how long you guys reckon it will take before it flowers.
Cheers :)

Dead leaves
Dead leaves 2
Dead leaves 3
Dead leaves 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi all I’ve been growing this plant outside for 3 months now. It’s been happy I know it could do with some more light but I can’t control the sun so...😂 but recently some of the leaves have started to die off and go crispy just wondering why this was. And how long you guys reckon it will take before it flowers.
Check for mites

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

I second beachbeachwalker. I see alot of little white spots that look like spider mite damage

the rrock

the rrock

How would mites make the leaves get dry and crispy?,ive had them before and saw webs before I saw any other damage?

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

idk I'm just going by what I see on other leaves. I've had spidermites but I've never had them so bad they were webbing. I've always caught them early and those white spots look like it to me

norcalgro530

norcalgro530

3rd pic down. look at the leaf in the bottom left corner

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

3rd pic down. look at the leaf in the bottom left corner
I agree, it's heavily mite infested and I've seen leaves curl from mites but usually it's the new growth, so he could have more going on? If op offers more information maybe we can help him further; but for now the mites are definitely an issue

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

mites or not,no clue i dont see that well,root system i am,id say that the plant is due a BT drench,to you just get water running from pot,the plant looks good for outside,but notice the staggered leaf sets all over plant,looking like it isnt getting any grub,there limp were oppisite side isnt,i, thinking you got some issues in the root zone and one being the soil is wet but is the root ball? so being said im thinking the onset of a bug factory eating the roots ,BT kill the shit out worms and them little bastards you cant see are worse than the ones you can,if it does have mites,it will also work as a foilar for there ass,i spray my corn bed with it and even most of the grass hopper stay off,early in veg stage i spray a fungicide with the BT,clueless really the pic wont zoom on my end ,just my 2 cent worth probally wrong hahahahah

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Honestly, to me, it looks like russets. That's how they manifest themselves in the beginning.

Top Bottom