Didn’t kill them despite every attempt

• Thread starter FlatheadFisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Well it’s been a week and a half since I transplanted to the tubs and it looks like they’re coming back. Still not in the clear but so far so good. I’m getting lots of new root growth and the color has come back. I’ve done 1 nutrient change, still keeping it a little in the low side. Still waiting on the new light, hoping that’s gonna help as well.

Didnt kill them despite every attempt
Didnt kill them despite every attempt 2
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well it’s been a week and a half since I transplanted to the tubs and it looks like they’re coming back. Still not in the clear but so far so good. I’m getting lots of new root growth and the color has come back. I’ve done 1 nutrient change, still keeping it a little in the low side. Still waiting on the new light, hoping that’s gonna help as well.
Is that an SF600? a nice little light but the way you have that set up you need 2 of them 1 over each of the 2 tubs. I have one and I added it to the ends of my SE3000 to give me a little more coverage and it worked well even through flowering. I got 50,000 lux out of it and I lowered it right down within 12" of my tops in late flower.

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Is that an SF600? a nice little light but the way you have that set up you need 2 of them 1 over each of the 2 tubs. I have one and I added it to the ends of my SE3000 to give me a little more coverage and it worked well even through flowering. I got 50,000 lux out of it and I lowered it right down within 12" of my tops in late flower.
Yes it is. That light will be going in my smaller veg/mother tent that’s 2x4. I’m just using it temporarily til the Mammoth I ordered shows up. It’s been quite the ordeal with the light. Ordered it the 8th of this month and still waiting. Allegedly held up in customs. Hoping once I get that in there things will progress a bit faster. It’s like watching paint dry right now. Am seeing some new growth but still slow lol.

Thanks for the input. Will share progress as it slowly happens 😂

Scotty420

Scotty420

So I'm far from an expert so take this with a grain of salt but it looks to me like the way you have the plants positioned you're wasting a lot of the light. Here's the par map for that light, your plants are positioned at the extreme corners where the light values are lowest. But I get that it's all piped together & you probably can't rearrange them.

S l500

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

So I'm far from an expert so take this with a grain of salt but it looks to me like the way you have the plants positioned you're wasting a lot of the light. Here's the par map for that light, your plants are positioned at the extreme corners where the light values are lowest. But I get that it's all piped together & you probably can't rearrange them.

View attachment 1335885
Maybe lower it? Or should I turn it? It’s just temporary til I get the new one I ordered. That will have way more bang.

Scotty420

Scotty420

Maybe lower it? Or should I turn it? It’s just temporary til I get the new one I ordered. That will have way more bang.
I think you're probably in about the best spot you can be in given the spacing of your setup. Lowering it will make more light go to the center area where nothing is. You want to be high to get better spread to the corners because that's where your plants are. And turning it would only work if you had a 2nd one to put sideways over the other tub.

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

I think you're probably in about the best spot you can be in given the spacing of your setup. Lowering it will make more light go to the center area where nothing is. You want to be high to get better spread to the corners because that's where your plants are. And turning it would only work if you had a 2nd one to put sideways over the other tub.
If I had known it was gonna take as long as it is I would have just ordered 2 of the 600s. Oh well hindsight is 20/20. The sooner the other light gets here the better. Thanks for the input friend!

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Well it’s been awhile and I can say things are so much better. The ladies are looking great. I just did my 4th nutrient change tonight and decided to get some clones going. The other ones are seeds I popped for outdoor grow. 2 Grape Stomper, 1Ceral Milk, 1mystery Amsterdam seed and I just came across a Blue Cheese seed that just popped. I’m not sure of their sexes yet, but hoping for the best.

3E45D777 58AF 4EA7 8C21 2168B28D1E25
195C07CB 13C5 4C52 B65E BF3CAE5873FC
9A989801 2BFF 49CD A599 98C3964309ED
3D6F6001 0C90 4008 AE9E A4A13DBC8B9F
Top Bottom