Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Flush for 11+ days

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Don't flush

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
N

N.Rockwool

I flood every 4 hours and still flush for 14 days... And change the water in the rez 3 times during that.....

Norm

T

Thick Smoke

i flush after everytime i use the "toilet" sorry i couldnt resist!

B

boxmunch9

I flush for 2 full weeks, while you can def only do a one week flush if you want, your medium nice and clean, but the plant will still have nutes pumping through them. the idea is to have your plant use up the nutes it has in its leaf, stem, and buds. I can say that a one week flush isnt going to give your your plants enough time to metablize left over nutes . Decreasing yeild? I would have to say no, because your plant is still using the nutes left over in its stems and nugs for the first week of flush your really only depriving your plants that last week. I dont water for the last 4 days so the medium gets bone dry, the resin exploses because of the lack of humidty in the air and moister in the nugs, so it produces extra resin to protect itself from the lights.Resin on top of resin on top of resin :rock

Greyskull

Greyskull

I flush for 5-7 days... ebb n flow/recirculating... in coco... and only change the rez the the one time I fill it up for the flush week. No Clearex or Final Phase or anything like that. Just 40g of plain water from the hose. I don't have any issues with left over unmetabolized nutes in my buds. I get top dollar each crop. :rock

**If I was growing in soil then I would absolutely positively flush fro 2 weeks per DJ Shorts reccomendations (he calls it rinse & flush)**

K

Kilo

i flush 5-7 days in most cases as I try not to ever go over 1.4ec (on purpose that is) with my hydro systems, with the exception for a boost for 5th wk and then bring it down. But if ive over ferted (N)or the ladies are still holding onto the nutrients i would do 2 wks no probs and thats in rockwool ..in coco always 2wks as i dont flush thru the whole bloom cycle.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

with hydro people think its easyier work.. but realy the tanks should be flushes and cleaned once a week clean. and flushes 3 times a week if not every day. its like when you make a drink. you would wash your cup before putting another drink in it.. same with hydro. needs to be cleaned everytime wise salt and bacteria will build up over night.
and flush for ten days too 2 weeks at the end of your cycle.

F

Finalopagus

Bity not every thing is that way... a true beer will come in a glass that has been "washed" with said beer.

A hydro system with proper preparation can go the whole grow without "cleaning" IMO if you get/got clean problems it is from lazy growers not salt/bacteria building up over night.

In my hydro grows I flush the plants (0~5 days), only the plants, and rarely if ever "clean" anything. Technaflora's complete line, flush with Sugar Daddy for 24~48 hours then plain old water...

S

S. Plisskin

I run weak nutes and black strap molasses mixed with cane sugar for the final week. for the last three days I run water and Flora Kleen. It works great. I may try it between feedings to get rid of built up salts. But that sounds like a lot of extra work.

D

Dusty Miller

I flush for 5 to 7 days. DWC
I have been putting Chi tea into the last week of straight water PH 5.5
FLAVOR!!!!!

B

budkatz

Wondering about the H&G nutes - their website indicates no flushing required. Anyone try that? What were the results?

darksideX

darksideX

for me is ..specially on hydro or coco flushin'(..for mor than 10 dayz..) a must have,..'cause i don't need the chemmy stuff within',..& imo there's a lot in the most of the mineral nutrients!!..only to clear up,..i was an organic mate,..but life just got bored so i tried out hydro & coco,..and for real i have to say..it was my best choice,..'cause same plants often(..not alwayz..) taste totally different if ya try different mediums/diff. nutrients,but they go forward like nothin' in coco..i tried GH,Canna,PLagron,Hesi..& some more,but of the minerals GH was the best..,'cause i need'ed not much to care about my girlz(..i usally try to use less then the half..)and taste was ok,but in my own opinion there must be a better way of feedin'..hmm one day..i got the solution!
But i am lookin for taste differenzes and for sure there are..in the organic way there were two main things i used..Bat Guano & Melasse miXed in a tea.--> and thatz what i use in the first week flushin' on hydro/coco,.then norm. water again for more than a week..

F

frankie-smiles

In soil i only give a 7 day flush but when i run hydro tables its gotta be a 14 - 21 day flush to get them chems out. By chop time most of your fan leaves should be lying on the floor, thats a flush lol.

T

tenacious

Supporter
i have not grown hydro since the 90's. but if i were to do it i would flush for atleast a week. i have not tried any of the products i've heard descibed[for flushing]. i had only flushed w/ plain h20. aparently i'm much more old skool than i even realized. LOL

T

TheNman

Greetings Hererisssh.

If you're looking for a happy medium between a short 7 day flush and a yield inhibiting 14 day flush, just split the difference and go with a 10 day flush.

One thing i'd suggest to get the best results in the least amount of time, is to empty the rez, flush for an hour or two, then re-empty the rez and continue from there.
This way, instead of having your PPM go from 1200 to 650(as there's always still some 1200 water still in the table, buckets, etc), you bring it from 1200 to 650 then down even more to 200 or something, for the full flush.

Personally, i begin flushing as soon as i see most of the plants sporting several browning hairs. Gives me about 10 or so days until i harvest.

That's also the point when i take clones for the next batch.

HAPPY GROWING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom