Does sedative also mean psychedelic?

• Thread starter MrGnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGnome

MrGnome

I'm bit confused of the effect of amber trichomes. I always thought in the past amber was more body and not so much the mind. But why does some seedbanks like dinafem say things like wait 80-100% amber to get sedative and "PSYCHEDELIC"? If its psychedelic also that makes me believe it is still a heady high also.

Anyone here ever let a plant go 80% amber? What was the effect? Was it still very trippy and psychedelic or did it actually have no mind high in any sense and just numbing body feeling? Or just not an energetic mind high?

These terms are really fucking me up. I personally like very stoney sedative weed but also love being blasted out of my mind. I want it to last a long time and can handle the most potent weed. I just don't want that coffee like jumping out your skin high but I want my mind to also be high just in a more sedative way. Basically need something to floor me but also stop overthinking thoughts that I get when being sober. So don't just want the feeling in my body but also mind but NOT an energetic mind high thats gonna keep me up all night.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

I just finished my grow, from what I read up on the more amber trichomes you have the sleepier tYour going to have.

More amber means more sedative. If you want the heady high you want more of cloudy looking trichomes I believe.

I wanted more of a relaxed high so I let mine get to about 75% amber and from what ppl have told me
Who have tried mine they say it’s a very relaxed high. Which is exactly what I was looking for

Not sure if I helped lol but my .02

C017AF4E 05AE 430E 81F8 9F1F001A261C
linde

linde

That's silly. if you wait till 80% Amber you have just wrecked all of your hard work. the tricomes bust off and blow away. your dope will be powdery dry with no resin left. oh ya and don't forget the first couple days of drying the plant will still ripen more so that will leave you with even less resin. good luck with that one.

MrGnome

MrGnome

This is the dinafem website page thats confusing me. " The effect varys greatly depending on the ripeness level of the plants at the time of harvest. Flowers that are harvested when 15-20% of the trichomes are amber induce a stimulating, clear, euphoric high, while plants harvested when amber trichomes account for 30% of the total have also a psychedelic edge. Lastly, flowers that are cut when 80-100% of the trichomes are amber deliver a heavy, narcotic effect that is highly psychedelic."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dinafem.org/en/blog/key-points-cannabis-ripeness-harvest/?amp

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Never experienced any psychedelic high under the influence of marijuana but there are other substances that you can use to find what you seek:)

Psychedelics
are a hallucinogenic class of psychoactive drug whose primary effect is to trigger non-ordinary states of consciousness and psychedelic experiences via serotonin 2A receptor agonism. This causes specific psychological, visual and auditory changes, and often a substantially altered state of consciousness. "Classical" psychedelic drugs include mescaline, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT.

Synthetic mescaline. Normally biosynthesized from peyote and some other cacti. Mescaline was the first psychedelic compound to be extracted and isolated.[1]
Most psychedelic drugs fall into one of the three families of chemical compounds: tryptamines, phenethylamines, or lysergamides. These chemicals all activate serotonin 5-HT2A receptors, which modulate the activity of key circuits in the brain involved with sensory perception and cognition, however the exact nature of how psychedelics induce changes in perception and cognition through the 5-HT2A receptor is still unknown. The psychedelic experience is often compared to non-ordinary forms of consciousness such as those experienced in meditation,[2][3] mystical experiences,[4][5]and near-death experiences.[5] The phenomenon of ego dissolution is often described as a key feature of the psychedelic experience.[2][3][5]

Many psychedelic drugs are illegal worldwide under the UN conventions, occasionally excepting use in a religious or research context. Despite these controls, recreational use of psychedelics is common.[6][7] Legal barriers have made the scientific study of psychedelics more difficult. Research has been conducted, however, and studies show that psychedelics are physiologically safe and do not lead to addiction.[8][9] Studies conducted using psilocybin in a psychotheraputic setting reveal that psychedelic drugs may assist with treating depression and alcohol addiction, and possibly also nicotine addiction.[10][11]Although further research is needed, existing results are showing that psychedelics may be useful for treating certain forms of psychopathology.[12][13][7]

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup, what Diesel said. Psychedelic and psychoactive are not the same thing

NewWorld

NewWorld

Never experienced any psychedelic high under the influence of marijuana but there are other substances that you can use to find what you seek:)

Psychedelics
are a hallucinogenic class of psychoactive drug whose primary effect is to trigger non-ordinary states of consciousness and psychedelic experiences via serotonin 2A receptor agonism. This causes specific psychological, visual and auditory changes, and often a substantially altered state of consciousness. "Classical" psychedelic drugs include mescaline, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT.

Synthetic mescaline. Normally biosynthesized from peyote and some other cacti. Mescaline was the first psychedelic compound to be extracted and isolated.[1]
Most psychedelic drugs fall into one of the three families of chemical compounds: tryptamines, phenethylamines, or lysergamides. These chemicals all activate serotonin 5-HT2A receptors, which modulate the activity of key circuits in the brain involved with sensory perception and cognition, however the exact nature of how psychedelics induce changes in perception and cognition through the 5-HT2A receptor is still unknown. The psychedelic experience is often compared to non-ordinary forms of consciousness such as those experienced in meditation,[2][3] mystical experiences,[4][5]and near-death experiences.[5] The phenomenon of ego dissolution is often described as a key feature of the psychedelic experience.[2][3][5]

Many psychedelic drugs are illegal worldwide under the UN conventions, occasionally excepting use in a religious or research context. Despite these controls, recreational use of psychedelics is common.[6][7] Legal barriers have made the scientific study of psychedelics more difficult. Research has been conducted, however, and studies show that psychedelics are physiologically safe and do not lead to addiction.[8][9] Studies conducted using psilocybin in a psychotheraputic setting reveal that psychedelic drugs may assist with treating depression and alcohol addiction, and possibly also nicotine addiction.[10][11]Although further research is needed, existing results are showing that psychedelics may be useful for treating certain forms of psychopathology.[12][13][7]
Let's see your frostiest shrooms 🤣

MrGnome

MrGnome

Yup, what Diesel said. Psychedelic and psychoactive are not the same thing
Tell that to dinafems website I quoted exactly what they said. And yes I been smoking weed for 16 years its not anything like shrooms. You won't see actual hallucinations but colors do look a bit brighter and your thoughts can make you sort hear trippy stuff.

Anyway man I'm no newbie to shrooms. I also grew a bit of mushies also this year! Be pretty trippy if its possible to grow shrooms in the same pot as weed. The mycelium would probably help give more nutes to the plant. Be weird if somehow it was possible to have psycilibin fuse in the weed plant. Who knows maybe on another planet theres a shroom cannabis plant haha! Wouldn't that be a mind fuck combo?

Top Bottom