Exhaust fan 24/7?

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Couldn’t find this info anywhere. Lately I have been running my exhaust fan 24/7 but was wondering if I should turn it off during lights on to bring the temp up and keep oscillating fans on to move air around. Humidity as been pretty spot on as of late but having warmth issues. Not worried about smell so do I really need to run 24/7? 😵💨🚀🌱

ru knuts

ru knuts

I let the thermometer run the fan. I have it set at 77 degrees for my indicas, ac comes in at 81.
But I see no reason you couldn't run it 24/7, they're guaranteed fresh air, which is good.

SativaKid

SativaKid

As stated by ru nuts he runs his by temperature. Being an electrician I set my fan up to run on an OR circuit. So if my temperature is above 77 degrees or the timer requests the exhaust to runs. So my grow shed is outdoors in Canada. I use my lights as heat and turn on a heater if the temp is below 73 degrees. This all works better if you time your flower lights to run during the coldest time 8pm to 8am.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
As stated by ru nuts he runs his by temperature. Being an electrician I set my fan up to run on an OR circuit. So if my temperature is above 77 degrees or the timer requests the exhaust to runs. So my grow shed is outdoors in Canada. I use my lights as heat and turn on a heater if the temp is below 73 degrees. This all works better if you time your flower lights to run during the coldest time 8pm to 8am.
Thanks. Humidity skyrocketed this morning to about 70%. I noticed when I run 1 fan and exhaust fan during lights out it dropped to about 59%. Thanks for the info farmers. Burnz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fan speed controllers allow constant exhaust but work as a “volume control” for temp and humidity. And full time carbon filtration.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Fan speed controllers allow constant exhaust but work as a “volume control” for temp and humidity. And full time carbon filtration.
Hopefully after this run I’ll be able to purchase some cool timers and shit. And another tent. Any positive thoughts on running a dehumidifier outside my tent as I’m limited space?
Burnz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hopefully after this run I’ll be able to purchase some cool timers and shit. And another tent. Any positive thoughts on running a dehumidifier outside my tent as I’m limited space?
Burnz

I think its best to dehumidify or humidify outside the tent and intake the conditioned air. I keep my whole house 45-60% rh year round and just run a conventional ventilated room.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I think its best to dehumidify or humidify outside the tent and intake the conditioned air. I keep my whole house 45-60% rh year round and just run a conventional ventilated room.
Thanks for that. Hoping it doesn’t get too crazy humid in garage this summer. Should be able to maintain 50-65% peaking a little higher on bad day’s. I have it off now, but fans running. Temp is slowly rising to 71 and RH is at 61% right now at lights on.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You can buy controllers that will run the fan at low speed until a certain temp is reached, then it speeds the fan up to change the air. When it reaches it's low temp set point it slows the fan down to idle again.
Some people with larger spaces run 2 fans, one smaller fan that runs constant for fresh air, and one larger fan which is controlled by a temperature sensor and only comes on to vent heat.
I use an Inkbird ITC-308 temp controller on mine so the fan only comes on to vent heat. I use a dehumidifier to control humidity during the dark cycle.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for that. Hoping it doesn’t get too crazy humid in garage this summer. Should be able to maintain 50-65% peaking a little higher on bad day’s. I have it off now, but fans running. Temp is slowly rising to 71 and RH is at 61% right now at lights on.

The key to higher humidity and no problems is good air circulation and exhaust.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The key to higher humidity and no problems is good air circulation and exhaust.
I don’t have an issue getting the humidity high, but sometimes it’s getting too high. Air circulation is great here and I have some better quality clip oscillating fans on the way. Space is my current issue with this corner tent. Thanks @Dirtbag about the speed controller. That’s what I am looking to purchase my next run.

Vagician

Vagician

I'd always have it running so there's less air stagnation. A good filter on the air coming in helps scrub mold and bugs as well as smell. I like to set up rooms so that there is a temperature or humidity maximum that kicks the fan on until it goes below either limit again, regardless of lights on/off.

carol1

carol1

If the exhaust fan run 24/7 then will not a sort circuit happen. I also have an exhaust fan. At the time of installation the electrician in Dubai tell me not to run it 24/7. That's why I am saying this.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
If the exhaust fan run 24/7 then will not a sort circuit happen. I also have an exhaust fan. At the time of installation the electrician in Dubai tell me not to run it 24/7. That's why I am saying this.
All depends on how much wattage your pulling from the wall on that given circuit. Haven’t had an issue and it helps with keeping humidity down and air moving. I am by no means an electrician though.

Top Bottom