Favorite ferts for guerrilla style?

• Thread starter ProGroWannabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

ProGroWannabe

Hi guys and gals. Just wanted to get some feedback on the preferred ferts for guerrilla style grows. I haven't done outdoor since I was a kid helping the 'ole man, so needless to say, I might as well be considered an outdoor noob.

Anyhow, I'll be using the Earth Juice line, with Grotek's Cal-Max for added calcium and magnesium just because that is what I have left-over from my indoor stuff. But I sure would like to know what some of you guerrilla veterans depend on year after year.
Thanks follks.

W

wesbrks

this is an easy one,, dude, advanced nutes... spring, summer and fall,,, cant go wrong,, easy to apply,, i also use dolomite lime on every outdoor grow... and call me an old timer but i also throw in a couple of old rusty nails... lol.. peace...

W

Wonderon

I have been told miracle grow will work just fine for out doors, which I have used before indoors and it did the job. I bet it could get expensive using hydro nutes on out door crops, just IMO. Any reason why you add the nails, would they even let enough off to make a difference in soil content?

Zombo

Zombo

I use Miracle Grow for my outdoor plants,general purpose 20/20/20 for veg,then switch to the Miracle Grow for flowers (can't remember the numbers)once the plants start to flower.

W

Wonderon

They have a MG bloom, its something like 15-30-15. I've been wondering if that would be better to use for the flowering period.

As for the MG veg, I hear you should only use half the recommended amount, is this what you do?

Q

Quicksilver

I'd say that ideally, the planting hole should be well amended with slow release nutrients before planting. Be aware that many organics have an odor that will attract critters, who just love to dig around your prized plants with disastrous results.

U

Ulysses

I also believe "guerilla" nutes are dry nutes...

You can't be lugging miracle grow all over the grow. Amend the soil with slow release dry ferts like FoxFarms Fruit&Flower 5-8-6 w/myco, some earthworm castings, and dolomite lime... THEN an occasional visit with topdressings, Liquid Karma or Mo Teas...

Q

Quicksilver

Biggest challenge for guerilla grows in my neck of the woods isn't lugging fertilizer anyway, but lugging water to get em through the hellacious dry spells that seem to have become the norm here over the past few years.

W

wesbrks

go with heavy harvest,,im telling ya from a long time grower this stuff works,, is easy to apply and you wont have to worry about burning your plants... i wont use anything else,, peace

P

ProGroWannabe

Wow guys....thanks for all the input!

Ulysses.....do I know you from another site? One that is most blue in color?

P

ProGroWannabe

I was hoping that was you!! (I wasn't gonna mention the site by name...lol). How ya doin man? Welcome to the farm!!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I use Miracle Grow for my outdoor plants,general purpose 20/20/20 for veg,then switch to the Miracle Grow for flowers (can't remember the numbers)once the plants start to flower.

Ditto...and MG flower is 15-30-15. I use that until week 5 and then 10-60-10 weel 6 and 7 and nothing else after week 7.

I

InPotItrust

Well it's my first time outddors but i took a page out the old framers book and ammened the soil with bone meal and garden lime then let it sit then when i was ready to drop the plants in i added homemade alfalfa compost that i got for free from this nice lady that has a small farm.I have to say it's been real easy going and the plants love it,just let nature do the work.

P

ProGroWannabe

Cool guys! I'm taking notes for next year where the amendments are concerned, so I appreciate all of your posts greatly. I believe I'm gonna use the EJ for these tiny plants I have. They are going in the ground tomorrow morning. There are only six of them...some un-named stuff that a really cool friend gave me.

Top Bottom