First grow, and in the weeds

• Thread starter Staypuffed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Staypuffed

Staypuffed

First time grow here. Overplayed my hand I'm sure as a newbie, but I'm a fan of stressed out learning :)

I'm growing in a 5'x5' tent that is 8' tall. Lighting setup consists of 2 x 320 XL QB's from HLG. The grow medium is canna coco bricks with a 30% perlite mixture. the exhaust is an 8" fan coupled with an 8" filter.

I started out trying to get 4 seeds to germinate, but grossly over watered. The skywalker had white cream coming out of it and the cdlc had a tap root that failed to grow for 3 days straight. Im chalking those up to overwatering as that seemed the common cause for white cream oozing from seeds. Meanwhile I had a mango smile and a northern cheese haze that managed to go on despite my ineptitude.

I have 2 other seeds trying to germinate now, another cdlc and a DGx3BOG. Really hoping I learned my lesson from the first mishap. Trying to make sure they have a steady temperature this time around as well as not grossly saturating them initially like before. Maybe it was just seed defects. Thats what i want to believe instead :D

Below is a picture of them first sprouting and of them today. The NCH seemed a bit weepy at first, saggy stem and what not, which I assume was due to overwatered jiffy pellets? days after I started them I was still able to squeeze water out and that doesn't seem like it should be possible.

NChday1.jpg
MSday1.jpg
NCH.jpg
MS.jpg
IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2281.jpg

Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Welcome to the farm.
give them some time. Each stage of the plant growing will take some time. Over watering can be a common early mistake. Let them acclimate to the substrate. Right now the plant is growing it’s new root system. It will begin to put up new leaves in the next 3-5 days.
it is worrying that your 4th pic is starting to show some signs of yellowing. Let them develop a little more to see whats Happening.

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

Welcome to the farm.
give them some time. Each stage of the plant growing will take some time. Over watering can be a common early mistake. Let them acclimate to the substrate. Right now the plant is growing it’s new root system. It will begin to put up new leaves in the next 3-5 days.
it is worrying that your 4th pic is starting to show some signs of yellowing. Let them develop a little more to see whats Happening.
Thanks for the input! Pic 4 is the mango smile from yesterday. Pic 6 is a picture of the mango smile this afternoon. do you feel the same about the color there or does it look like it's starting to liven up?

When both of them came up initially, it was pretty washed out looking, stem and all.

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

MS4

Day 4 Mango smile
Day 5 Mango Smile
MS5

NCH4

Day 4 Northern Cheese Haze
Day 5 Northern Cheese Haze

NCH5

Day 1 Creme de la Chem

CDLC1