First Grow Please Help! Colors On Leaves And Plant Looks Tired

• Thread starter CCauto2016
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CCauto2016

CCauto2016

12/10/2016 - My plant leaves have been dying, mainly the bottom leaves and I'm noticing spots and some clawing. I've tried better regulation of room temperature and ventilation. Reduced the amount of NUTES and waterings, also I've stop using the spray bottle to mist leaves with water. Still no real change. So I've decided to switch to P.H.'d soil and just add water(Ocean Forest) and now I'm waiting to see a change. In the mean time I would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why the leaves are looking the way they do? Am I'm expecting too much when I compare what I'm growing to the leaves of other plants that look super healthy, dark green, thick, firm and juicy? My leaves sound fall leaves blowing in the wind and feel thin. Any suggestions? Details Below...... PLANT PICTURES

BTW the OG & AutoPounder seem fine but you be the judge. The OG has no spots and the AP has spots, they are the two smaller plants in the picture both 3" tall planted on Nov. 23 [week 2].

I'm growing 4 Candy Cane Fem Autos from CK and (1)Westcoast OG & (1)AutoPounder both are Fem Autos from FB. I've been using a 4ft 4bulb HO 54w T5, planted in cocoir and using the Flora series(Mirco, Grow, Bloom), P.H. between 5.5 - 6.0 on a 18/6 schedule with 1 clip fan and 1 larger oscillating fan. Temperatures range 70-80 °C. On 12/9 I switched to an 4ft 8bulb HO 54w T5 and placed the 4ft 4bulb T5 horizontally behind the plants and transplanted the 4 CC's from a 2 gallon into a 3 gallon fabric pot with Ocean Forest Soil as the new nutrients instead of cocoir hydro with Flora. The same was done for the Westcoast and Autopounder but was moved from being hydroponically grown in dixie cups into 2 gallon fabric pots with OF soil.

4 CC Autos: Planted[2 Gallon fabric pots] Nov.6 the Heights are as of 12/10[Week 4.9] #12 = 11", #11 = 10.5", 4 = 8" & 1 = 6" these plants are number based on first sign of sprouted leaves. They were given NUTES every other day and was watered in between.

Betico

Betico

Looks like you might be overwatering boss. Also it's normal for leaves way at the bottom to start drying out the plant is using all its energy to create new nodes and keep growing.

Smerb

Smerb

You could need a bigger pot. A lot of times the plant needs more root room and you will look at it like it's something else.

CCauto2016

CCauto2016

Looks like you might be overwatering boss. Also it's normal for leaves way at the bottom to start drying out the plant is using all its energy to create new nodes and keep growing.
Thanks, I'll stop watering for a few days and see what happens. They went one day without water prior to transplanting and I noticed one of the roots which fell off burst with water when I pinched it.

CCauto2016

CCauto2016

You could need a bigger pot. A lot of times the plant needs more root room and you will look at it like it's something else.
60% Indica, 30% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis and this plant doesn't grow tall maybe 2-3ft indoor? Based on this chart from growweedeasy I've moved them from 2 gallons to 3 gallons. When transplanted the roots weren't balled up, they look healthy and as if the could stretch down miles for more NUTES.

"So if your final (desired) plant size is...
12" ~ 2-3 gallon container
24" ~ 3-5 gallon container
36" ~ 6-8 gallon container
48" ~ 8-10 gallon container
60" ~ 12+ gallon container"

Hopefully the extra gallon will help as well?

Smerb

Smerb

I have 1 out of 20 that is double in size, last night I had to move it from 1 gallon to a 3 gallon smart pot. Before it droops I transplant, or at least right when I can see a tad drooping.

ReadTheLeaf

ReadTheLeaf

Everything looks rather healthy except your leaves are folding downward meaning they are trying to shed water. Adding more light would help with this (if possible), and as Betico said, lower leaves tend to dry up due to putting energy towards moving up.
A nice option to try is adding more darkness to the grow to let the root structure move outward and thus the plant getting taller.
Hope it helps,
Reader

CCauto2016

CCauto2016

Everything looks rather healthy except your leaves are folding downward meaning they are trying to shed water. Adding more light would help with this (if possible), and as Betico said, lower leaves tend to dry up due to putting energy towards moving up.
A nice option to try is adding more darkness to the grow to let the root structure move outward and thus the plant getting taller.
Hope it helps,
Reader
Thanks a bunch!

Top Bottom