First grow: What is happening

• Thread starter GreeneGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreeneGrower

GreeneGrower

Is this something I should be concerned about? What could it be?
First grow what is happening

GreeneGrower

GreeneGrower

Not really enough information about the plant, but to me it looks light burned.
Shes about 4 weeks old, auto. Never really grew tall but still seems to be growing. Ill try dimming the light a bit.

Analogkid

Analogkid

I haven't tested run off before. Ph after adding nutes was balanced to 5.8 since im growing in coco.
How much and often are you feeding her. Be careful autos can lock up fairly easy. In my experience if its growth slowed or stopped it's the ph or nute lock. I feed my autos once a week at about 3/4 strength at start of week three. Just root stimulator before that. Autos are tricky not a lot of room for mistakes.

GreeneGrower

GreeneGrower

How much and often are you feeding her. Be careful autos can lock up fairly easy. In my experience if its growth slowed or stopped it's the ph or nute lock. I feed my autos once a week at about 3/4 strength at start of week three. Just root stimulator before that. Autos are tricky not a lot of room for mistakes.
Been feeding her about every 3/4 days but yeah she does seem to have slowed growth.
Would a flush help? I never tested my run off before, but if i flush i will.

Analogkid

Analogkid

Been feeding her about every 3/4 days but yeah she does seem to have slowed growth.
It wouldn't hurt. Let it dry out really well before starting again, don't want to stay over watered. How high is your light hanging?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If you are growing in coco please don't let it dry out really well. Coco needs to stay moist all the time 👍🌱

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
If you are growing in Coco it is very unlikely that you have over watered it, it's almost impossible to do unless you are using a pot with poor drainage.
I would make a not to strong and fresh water/nute mix and give it a good watering untill a 50% run off/through, make sure to water the whole pot even if it is just a small plant.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
PH is on the low side for cal uptake, that combined with lack of water/moisture problems may be why you see the twisting yellow new growth. Iron is effected by cal/mag issues and those yellow tops give it away. Autos seem to be very finicky beasts. I would flush with 6.0 ph water with 200 ppm calmag added and test the runoff until it's in the range of your feed then resume your normal schedule. Don't let the coco ever dry out, you will get salt buildup really fast.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
And feed every watering!!! I see so many people recommend alternating plain water and feed for Coco and in my opinion that's terrible advice. Plants in Coco really need consistency like they get with the natural buffering soil provides.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

There's your problem right there friend; I recommend you read up on how to treat Coco as a growing medium

Most Growers water Coco at least once a day, always with nutrients and always with at least 20% runoff

If that were my plant I would flush it heavy right now with nutrients on the last flush and I would start watering as I've described above, good luck.

Top Bottom