First Outdoor Grow. Advice Needed.

• Thread starter DaggerCouple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaggerCouple

Hello everyone. I'm about to start my first grow and I'm a bit confused about a few things. I've made a list of all the things I think I'll need but don't want to run the risk of leaving something crucial out. my plan is to grow in my backyard which gets ample sunlight. Here is a list of the things I'll be getting with a short description of them all.

Rockwool
Rockwool can hold large quantities of water and air that aid root growth and nutrient uptake in hydroponics; the fibrous nature also provides a good mechanical structure to hold the plant stable. It is used primarily for drip hydroponic systems.

Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10%
Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10% is recommended for Outdoor Growing – High Retention. Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10% is an organic substrate that can be used in all hydroponics. It consists of 90% Cocopeat and 10% Perlite. Coconut fibers, also included, retain a lot of water. By mixing in the correct ratio of Perlite, the medium retains the water for longer. This gives the grower complete control of the growing stages with the application of liquid fertilizers

BioBizz Bio-Bloom
BioBizz Bio-Bloom is a complete liquid organic fertilizer. Contains a small amount of nitrogen and enough phosphorous and potassium to ensure exuberant flowering.

BioBizz Bio-Grow
BioBizz Bio-Grow is a liquid growth fertilizer which can be applied to most types of soil and substrate mixtures. BioBizz Bio-Grow is an Organic Nutrient Fertiliser.

Freedom Pots
Freedom Pots maximizes root zone aeration and drainage, which improves root health and nutrient absorption. Evaporative cooling can also take place at the surface of the pot, buffering excessive temperature increases when growing in full sun.

pH Testing Kit
pH Testing Kit consists of a test tube for taking a sample, a reagent liquid to add to the test tube and a color chart showing the pH between 4.5 and 8, against which the color of the liquid in the test tube is matched.

Liquid pH Down
Liquid pH Down is used to decrease pH in the nutrient mix. Consists of Phosphoric Acid.

Liquid pH Up
Liquid pH Up consists of Potassium Hydroxide and is used to increase pH. Adjust the pH levels to improve the growing conditions for your plants. Hydroponic plants thrive best in solution with pH range from 5.5 to 6.5.

TIA for any advice.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hello everyone. I'm about to start my first grow and I'm a bit confused about a few things. I've made a list of all the things I think I'll need but don't want to run the risk of leaving something crucial out. my plan is to grow in my backyard which gets ample sunlight. Here is a list of the things I'll be getting with a short description of them all.

Rockwool
Rockwool can hold large quantities of water and air that aid root growth and nutrient uptake in hydroponics; the fibrous nature also provides a good mechanical structure to hold the plant stable. It is used primarily for drip hydroponic systems.

Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10%
Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10% is recommended for Outdoor Growing – High Retention. Promix Coco-Perlite 90%-10% is an organic substrate that can be used in all hydroponics. It consists of 90% Cocopeat and 10% Perlite. Coconut fibers, also included, retain a lot of water. By mixing in the correct ratio of Perlite, the medium retains the water for longer. This gives the grower complete control of the growing stages with the application of liquid fertilizers

BioBizz Bio-Bloom
BioBizz Bio-Bloom is a complete liquid organic fertilizer. Contains a small amount of nitrogen and enough phosphorous and potassium to ensure exuberant flowering.

BioBizz Bio-Grow
BioBizz Bio-Grow is a liquid growth fertilizer which can be applied to most types of soil and substrate mixtures. BioBizz Bio-Grow is an Organic Nutrient Fertiliser.

Freedom Pots
Freedom Pots maximizes root zone aeration and drainage, which improves root health and nutrient absorption. Evaporative cooling can also take place at the surface of the pot, buffering excessive temperature increases when growing in full sun.

pH Testing Kit
pH Testing Kit consists of a test tube for taking a sample, a reagent liquid to add to the test tube and a color chart showing the pH between 4.5 and 8, against which the color of the liquid in the test tube is matched.

Liquid pH Down
Liquid pH Down is used to decrease pH in the nutrient mix. Consists of Phosphoric Acid.

Liquid pH Up
Liquid pH Up consists of Potassium Hydroxide and is used to increase pH. Adjust the pH levels to improve the growing conditions for your plants. Hydroponic plants thrive best in solution with pH range from 5.5 to 6.5.

TIA for any advice.
First grow? Why go the hardest route?
Coco is more advanced growing technique, get your feet wet with soil grow first.
Also you need a EC/ppm meter.
What tent or grow conditions?
Temp and humidity conditions?
Lights?
Soil is easy bro, I would go that route first, see what happens and how things go, learn and then move up to coco or even hydro

D

DaggerCouple

First grow? Why go the hardest route?
Coco is more advanced growing technique, get your feet wet with soil grow first.
Also you need a EC/ppm meter.
What tent or grow conditions?
Temp and humidity conditions?
Lights?
Soil is easy bro, I would go that route first, see what happens and how things go, learn and then move up to coco or even hydro
Ah. I did not know that about Coco. Thank you. I won't be using a tent or greenhouse or anything like that. Just growing in pots in my backyard. I'll be growing in 10-liter pots and I won't be using any lights. The plants will be getting 12 hours of sunlight to start with but with the spring equinox having come around the amount of daylight should start increasing. As far as the temperature and humidity are concerned. That's all up to mother nature.

K

Kbye

Jack's right, go with soil for now. Ditch the PH kit and get a proper meter. Most importantly get some quality seeds. Best of luck, can't wait til the sun comes back north.

Latest posts

Top Bottom