First runoff reading (High pH?) . Now what?

• Thread starter Frdmgrwr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Whats the slurry test?
I thought the only way to check my coco ph is from the runoff, but everytime i do, It shows me the same ph and never changes

honestly I can’t remember what I did for the slurry test hah...But..it’s something like taking a couple scoops from the top of your medium adding it to ro water? Distilled? I dont remember what water I used..there is proper videos that will show you what to do ... it’s supposed to be a more accurate reading of your meduim ph and ppm..

are you growing with dry amendment fertilizers in coco?

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

I have the same problem, but i kept flushing my plants for four days in a row, i got so pissed off on why the ph wont go down, one of my plant become healthy while the other one stayed the same, maybe flushing the plant with 5.8 or 5,9 ph will do the job if you are growing in coco, but what i have learned is in coco, the ph will always swing so you have to adjust it everytime

I have plants that are in coco w/liquid nutes that Ive been flushing, trying to get the ph down. I didn’t wash the coco enough before transplanting and the ph was way up there for a couple days..🤯

the flushing is working tho 👍

there is a plant a couple weeks into flower and it’s runoff is showing pretty low ph so I’m thinking this plant is drinking more and the coco is drying out too much causing a ph drop 🤷🏼‍♂️

Frank129

Frank129

I have plants that are in coco w/liquid nutes that Ive been flushing, trying to get the ph down. I didn’t wash the coco enough before transplanting and the ph was way up there for a couple days..🤯

the flushing is working tho 👍

there is a plant a couple weeks into flower and it’s runoff is showing pretty low ph so I’m thinking this plant is drinking more and the coco is drying out too much causing a ph drop 🤷🏼‍♂️
no, im using flora series nutes , i didn't have the PH problem when I first grew my plant, I have the issue of Ph when I first got into the flowering phase, I will properly flush again because the unhealthy plant that i told you about got even worst with nutes burn immediately after I gave her first fed after flushing, I will show you the pics after i finish flushing , i think the reason why i had the PH problem in the flowering phase it's because i used a new dakine420 nutes , which was an advanced nutes for advance grower.
but now i got back to the flora series

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

no, im using flora series nutes , i didn't have the PH problem when I first grew my plant, I have the issue of Ph when I first got into the flowering phase, I will properly flush again because the unhealthy plant that i told you about got even worst with nutes burn immediately after I gave her first fed after flushing, I will show you the pics after i finish flushing , i think the reason why i had the PH problem in the flowering phase it's because i used a new dakine420 nutes , which was an advanced nutes for advance grower.
but now i got back to the flora series

yup both of my liquid nute ( foxfarm trio) fed plants started having lockouts from ph swings as soon as they started flowering..
one I believe is from the underwashed coco, and the other like I said I think it’s getting too dry in between feeds..so I’m going to start feeding it every 12 hours instead of every 24 hours.

ive wondered what might happen switching up nutes mid grow. doesn’t seem like the best thing to do but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

could any of the AN your using be the auto adjusting ph kind?
hope your plants pull through and start to thrive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom