First time grow 4 weeks into flower. Problems

• Thread starter MountainBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Leaves are turning purple and some are yellowing. Is this a phosphorus deficiency?

I have one other plant of the same strain (haze cookies) that are grown soil that looks fine. I used some living soil concentrate in my soil, but it was only about 75% of recommendation. I have been using biothrive bloom once I first noticed the color change and just got to using full strength. All other plants seem to like the feeding except this one. Both plants have purple stems.

First time grow 4 weeks into flower  problems
First time grow 4 weeks into flower  problems 2
First time grow 4 weeks into flower  problems 3
First time grow 4 weeks into flower  problems 4
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
1. It’s too cold
2. Sativa leaning strains feed more and run longer, your nutrients cut off nitrogen to early.
3. It’s too dry

that’s the observation I have, now need details on conditions , nutes, strain etc.

it’s normal for leaves to start to yellow out late into flower but if it’s only half way out. May need micro nutes and some Cal mag. But let's hear first what we have to play with.

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

1. It’s too cold
2. Sativa leaning strains feed more and run longer, your nutrients cut off nitrogen to early.
3. It’s too dry
that’s the observation I have, now need details on conditions , nutes, strain etc.

it’s normal for leaves to start to yellow out late into flower but if it’s only half way out. May need micro nutes and some Cal mag. But let's hear first what we have to play with.
Thanks for the reply
#1 It did get down to about 62 a couple times at the beginning of last week but has been around 68 at night ever since.
#2. I fed Pure Blend Tea, Kelp me Kelp you and CalMag weekly during Veg. Once I began flowering, I quit using the Kelp and started to use both the tea and Calmag twice a week. About 10 days ago is when I first noticed yellowing and the purple showed shortly after that. The purple is showing in a lot more places now even though temps have been at least 68 for 7 days. I started using the BiothriveBloom 10 days ago when I noticed the color change. Started out at 50% and just fed it about 90% of recommended dosage today. Has been fed Biothrive 4 times in past 10 days.
#3 By dry do you mean humidity or my soil? I have been dropping humidity down into the low 40s due to some PM showing on my other strains. I have been watering .5 gallon pretty much every day. These 2 usually do require more water but the other one is looking good. I did defoliate the one that looks good and did not defoliate the one that is turning purple, other than that they are identical in genetics (clones) and same feeding schedule. I am experimenting to see what areas and how much defoliating affects yield.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sounds like u have done everything right. Sometimes things don’t behave well. I’d continue to feed as normal with the nutes u use. Add a bit of veg nutes to sustain her through the flower period and watch for ripeness

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Sounds like u have done everything right. Sometimes things don’t behave well. I’d continue to feed as normal with the nutes u use. Add a bit of veg nutes to sustain her through the flower period and watch for ripeness
You ended up being right about it being too dry. The temps have been getting to mid 80s the past 2 days and that is causing the containers to dry out much faster. Just went to water/feed them today and 5 out of 6 were sagging pretty bad. I ended up getting the GO box from General Organics and am using the entire line now. My living soil mixture doesn't seem to be enough. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom