• Thread starter Kymar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kymar

Kymar

Hello y'all Like I said I'm a first tim
First time grower with many questions
First time grower with many questions 2
e grower (well grew outdoors a little 25 years ago) and have many questions. I dont even smoke, but love growing plants so I figured if I could grow it why not? Not gonna post the questions all at once. A quick idea of my set up. Got a 4'x2'x6' tent. Using a Maxisun 2000 LED lamp, and an AC Infinity T6. Gotta say, I love this AC Infinity! The guy at my local grow shop told me it would be overkill for my tent size and basically suck my tent in, but it works like a charm! So, my first question is how often do I run the fan? As much as I love it, the options are kind of confusing. I opted to put the fan and filter outside the tent to give me more room for growth (pics will follow). Right now, I'm running the fan 24/7 at low speed. I figure the air displacement at a constant level is the way to go, but not sure.. 2nd question is, will the 1 Maxisun lamp be enough or should I have 2 in there? Also, I'm having problems keeping the humidity at a decent level (the temp stays at a constant 72 degrees and humidity at about 28) and the soil dries very quickly (have to water every 2 days). I am in Nevada where humidity doesn't really exist. Cheers!

Kymar

Kymar

Also, It is legal to grow and smoke here, but illegal to buy clones. Had to go California side to get the clones from a dispensary. They only had 3 varieties, so I said give me 1 of each. The three plants in the pics are (left to right) Ice Cream Man, Malibu Mirage, and Marshmallow OG. I forgot how fast this can grow. They are only 6 weeks after getting the clones. The middle (Malibu) was almost dead after bringing home and going to work for 15 hours, but came back.
20210308 0848361
20210415 2356351

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello y'all Like I said I'm a first timView attachment 1114012View attachment 1114013e grower (well grew outdoors a little 25 years ago) and have many questions. I dont even smoke, but love growing plants so I figured if I could grow it why not? Not gonna post the questions all at once. A quick idea of my set up. Got a 4'x2'x6' tent. Using a Maxisun 2000 LED lamp, and an AC Infinity T6. Gotta say, I love this AC Infinity! The guy at my local grow shop told me it would be overkill for my tent size and basically suck my tent in, but it works like a charm! So, my first question is how often do I run the fan? As much as I love it, the options are kind of confusing. I opted to put the fan and filter outside the tent to give me more room for growth (pics will follow). Right now, I'm running the fan 24/7 at low speed. I figure the air displacement at a constant level is the way to go, but not sure.. 2nd question is, will the 1 Maxisun lamp be enough or should I have 2 in there? Also, I'm having problems keeping the humidity at a decent level (the temp stays at a constant 72 degrees and humidity at about 28) and the soil dries very quickly (have to water every 2 days). I am in Nevada where humidity doesn't really exist. Cheers!
I think you made the right choice on the fan. It's variable and if you ever upgrade you don't need to go a bigger one.

The humidity in your circumstance will be what it will be. Unless you humidify the room that the tent is in. Option if you want to.

Link to the light so I can see the true watts? 30w sq ft is plenty in a tent that height for flowering photo periods and less if autos since they can run 18/6 start to finish. About 20w sq ft in that case.

Watering every 2 days is pretty ideal. You get good wet dry cycles at that rate.

You want to run the fan 24/7 probably 1/3 to 1/2 power will be plenty.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Light looks to be a bit to close in the last pic. These are photoperiods so imo you need to flip to flower asap and maybe top or Supercrop to leave some head room. They are going likely at least double in size.

Kymar

Kymar

I agree, thats why I put the fan/filter on the outside. What does Supercrop mean? I was hoping they would fill out width wise a bit more before entering flowering, but if you think I should do it now I'll take your word for it because I really dont know what Im doing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree, thats why I put the fan/filter on the outside. What does Supercrop mean? I was hoping they would fill out width wise a bit more before entering flowering, but if you think I should do it now I'll take your word for it because I really dont know what Im doing.
So super cropping is basically just bending the tops over until the stem basically snaps but dont go doing this without more info if you interested. Plenty of vids on YouTube and threads here

I would top down to a reasonable height and lollipop it then flip. This will promote more growth to the lower branches making the plant grow a bit wider rather than 1 tall main cola. You can take the tops you cut off and make clones for your next grow... even under a low light somewhere else. That way you don't need to buy more. If the clones get to big by the time your done flowering which is likely just clone the clones. I'm always cloning and tossing what I don't use or give away.

Also you want the fan pulling the air through your filter so the pre-filter helps keep the carbon from clogging up. In your humidity you will have no issue if this means the filter is inside the tent and the fan outside. It will make a big difference in lifespan.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I gotta say for a first time grower the plants look very healthy and well looked after.

Kymar

Kymar

Update - so, I got a little too busy with work and didn't have time to attend to my girls. I did eventually crop the top off the one that was too tall. long story short, they filled out too much so I had to upgrade. Doubled tent size to a 4x4x7 and added a 2nd light. Question now is that the smaller ones have got taller (only cropped the one, next grow I will experiment more with pruning. for my 1st grow I think its going OK), so they're in flowering now for 2 weeks, will they stop getting taller? Will post some pics in a few hours when they're back in photoperiod.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

I have my fan and filter in the tent with the prefilter on the AC infinity filter. Its a 4 inch AC fan and I keep it on 24/7 on about a 5 or 6 when light is on and 8 when off, I even opted for the programmer but do not use it.

Wish I could fit a 4x4, sure could use the room. Atleast ypu got the roght fan for it and dont have to buy another

Kymar

Kymar

The 4x4 is huge and takes up most my living room (small apartment). I figure I'll use the 2x4 for veg stage and resetup the 4x4 during flowering. Been keeping the fan on 24/7 at a constant 4 setting. Temps stay at about 72 to 78 with 45 to 55% humidity. Not sure it is going to do any good as an emergency came up today and have to go to Europe for 3 weeks. Girlfriend is going to water while I'm gone, but she is cursed and tends to kill any plants she gets her hands on. Anyways, here are latest pics. Was too busy dealing with my emergency to take good pics, but the first is the one I cropped. It has lots of stems but they seem to be less full than the other 2 that have 1 main stem. The 2nd photo shows how much fuller the other is.

20210517 072025
20210517 072020
Top Bottom