foot candles to par conversion for plant readings

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I have been looking into the formulas for converting these two because a foot candle meter is a lot cheaper than a quantum par meter, so is it true that I can convert the two with a pretty simple math problem? I know that the problem depends on certain spectrums but the spectrum laid out are all pretty close to most led spectrums. Any thoughts?

az2000

az2000

I have a Sunche HS1010 lux meter, and recently got an Apogee MQ0500 ppfd meter. I've been measuring household LED lightbulbs. I'm finding 50-55 lux per ppfd. Ex, 300ppfd = 15,750 lux.

This site (<<link) converts different light types, and suggests an LED's CRI creates different factors. I haven't notice that with CRI 80 to 95 lightbulbs. Maybe they're talking about very low CRI, like blurple.

cottageman

cottageman

I have a Sunche HS1010 lux meter, and recently got an Apogee MQ0500 ppfd meter. I've been measuring household LED lightbulbs. I'm finding 50-55 lux per ppfd. Ex, 300ppfd = 15,750 lux.

This site (<<link) converts different light types, and suggests an LED's CRI creates different factors. I haven't notice that with CRI 80 to 95 lightbulbs. Maybe they're talking about very low CRI, like blurple.
Thank you so much for this information, you just saved me a lot of money in having to buy a par meter!

cottageman

cottageman

any lux meters you would recommend for led accuracy?

az2000

az2000

any lux meters you would recommend for led accuracy?

I don't know anything about it. I chose the Sunche HS1010 for reasons I don't recall. I think at that price point, they're all the same. (I am not impressed by anything named "Dr." whatever. That's probably why I didn't buy Dr. Meter, which seems to be very popular. I suppose they're all about the same. I like the remote probes some have. My Sunche doesn't have that.).

Latest posts

Top Bottom