Force Windowsill plants to flower

• Thread starter 845dudey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
845dudey

845dudey

I have a couple sour diesel plants I’ve grown in a sunny window in the back of my house.
It’s about time to flower. They are already on a natural light cycle, I was curious if I should ween them outside to flower as the days are getting shorter here, or keep them inside to flower. What do you guys think?
Is there a way to force them when they’re already getting about 12 hours of dark?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you put them outside, it should be permanent. It's not a good idea to bring plants in and out.

Is there ambient light that hits them in the house that's causing them to delay flowering? If you're at 12/12 indoors and out, what's the benefit to moving them?

845dudey

845dudey

If you put them outside, it should be permanent. It's not a good idea to bring plants in and out.

Is there ambient light that hits them in the house that's causing them to delay flowering? If you're at 12/12 indoors and out, what's the benefit to moving them?
No they are 100% indoor right now potted in soil, I’ve just heard that some people bring their plants outside to flower, don’t really know the science behind that but figured I’d ask what the community thought.
You’re right that when it becomes night time I should move them into 100% darkness so the living room lights aren’t bothering them.
Anything else I’m missing?

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you've got lights on in the room or light filters in from another room, they either won't flower or there will be a high number of hermies.

Whichever is easier for you is what you should do. If you have a place to plant them where it will be dark at night, great. If you can make sure the plants are in the dark while in the house, also great.

Whatever the case, depending on when you have a first frost in the area, you might have to move on this very soon.

845dudey

845dudey

For those interested,
These plants were shortly after thrown in a dark room 45ish mins before it got dark outside to try to ‘compensate’ for the living room lights messing their flowering up previously. Then they were moved outside where they did all of their flowering and are doing awesome.
Almost ready to harvest! Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom