Froze some wet bud - what now?

• Thread starter hailstone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hailstone

Due to security reasons I had to put some wet bud in the freezer last week. Whether or not this was a good idea I don't know but it was the only thing I could think of back then.. Anyway, now I'm trying to figure out how to make the best of this situation.

Should I just let them thaw and then dry them out normally? Or is there an increased risk of mold or bacteria forming so that I should dry them in the oven (or microwave oven) to prevent this? Or perhaps something completely different?

I don't have the necessary equipment to make hash and the small amount of frozen bud doesn't really justify paying the price of bubble bags and similar products, not to mention that the yields would be quite small. Making oil doesn't really sound like my thing either because of the chemicals involved.

Also, does anyone have experience with freezing wet bud? How much of a loss of quality am I going to experience? (especially considering potency)

S

Stackin Paper

Personally i'd train a fan on it or go to work on it with a hairdryer, lol.

How much bud we talkin about, they would have checked the freezer ya know, they ain't stupid.

H

hailstone

Hehe, I think I'll go with the fan, dunno if I even have a hair dryer.

You're absolutely right, the police wouldn't be fooled by having anything in the freezer but my "problem" was luckily just relatives coming over for a surprise visit. Sure they might have looked into the freezer if they wanted ice cubes or whatever but I don't think they'll go looking into the tupperware boxes etc that are there. :)

Oh and dunno exactly how much (duh..) but probably around an ounce, maybe even less..

Anyway thanks for your answer SP.

I

ismokepot

Other then cold-water hash extraction, I think your screwed........... When you thaw it, you'll see a nasty clump of green matter. Brownies may not be an bad idea either.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Yeah thats sucks bro, sorry about that .....For future reference never store bud in a freezer, only the fridge, wether its wet or dry/. The problem with the freezer especially since the buds were wet, is that at freezing temps plant cells start to rupture causing your beautiful green nuggets to decay into a brown mess, thats smells of hey as many trichomes will be destroyed. And since your buds were not dried, this further exacerbated the problem for the plant cells as the increased moisture content thusly increased the speed of the decay. Hell, I learned that the hard way too, I put about a pound of some beautiful outdoor medicine man, in the freezer for long term storage and in no time the buds went to shit. honestly I would attempt to salvage it as best you can, I would go with making bubble as that is what I did when I was in your shoes(although it wont yeild what it would normally). Good luck bro.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

make sum ice o later m8, that bud will taste like swetty socks lol

Top Bottom