Getting Close - Don’t let me screw it up!

• Thread starter Budclarkson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Budclarkson

Autos are at 7weeks flowering now.
  • Some pistols have turned from white to gold but not all.
  • Triches are lookin milky but not noticing any amber.
  • Some leaves are yellowing and fading away. I’m told this is normal at the end, but don’t want to ruin the harvest…
  • Just doing water now.
  • Temp is low 70s, RH trying to keep at 50%, should I try to get it lower with the dehumidifier?

Here is the OG Kush

Getting close   dont let me screw it up
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 2

Getting close   dont let me screw it up 3

The leaves on the main Cola have brown curling tips, got worse over the past 2 days to this image today. I cut the light from 90% to 70%. Lifted the LED light another inch maxed out.

Thoughts on the lighting change??
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 11

Critical plant:
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 4
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 5
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 6

GSC plant:
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 12

Getting close   dont let me screw it up 8
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 9

White Widow:
Getting close   dont let me screw it up 10

Getting close   dont let me screw it up 7
B

BudgetGrower

The temperature and humidity sounds good, I would keep the humidity between 40-65%
This chart may help

Leaf Vapor Pressure Deficit VPD 5
bigxchris

bigxchris

Hey man, I'm week 5 of flower in my first official indoor grow and am seeing some stuff that may help.

What light are you using?

Looking at your worst leaves, I'd say your nutes are a little high, do you check your ppms with a tds meter?

And also your worse leaves say you're coming in a little hot with the light too. Week 7 you probably won't see any real improvements to damaged leaves but back off of everything a bit and should help pack on weight for your last 2 weeks.

This is my gsc female from seed. I am using a sf4000 and think my light was a little hot first week or 2 of flower. So I backed off early to 75% @24" reading roughly 1400 ppfd at highest colas so depending on the light and you're saying 22" is your height capacity? Maybe finish off at 60%?
20230511 171057

A

alpha.ganjaguy

My opinion is you need to keep feeding her, the color shows she is hungry and now is a critical time.. you have 2-3+ weeks left ime based on all her white pistils, you want them to all turn and then the buds will swell up, then you start checking the trichs (if you are a trich checker) but only on the buds not the leafs and best to check 'unhandled' buds as trichs can change color from rough handling, wind, other plants hitting them, etc

B

BudgetGrower

You have some problems with your roots, the fan leaves are brown on the tips, this is because you gave them too much food at some stage, the pale yellow leaves means the plants could be hungry.
If you give the plants water for the next 2-3 weeks, it may reduce the crop size but you will not mess things up, the buds will get larger and you will pull a crop, give the plants too much food and things can go wrong, I would give the plants a very light feed for the next 2 weeks, JMO

B

Budclarkson

The temperature and humidity sounds good, I would keep the humidity between 40-65%
This chart may help
I’ve been running VPD at about 1.4 late flower. Tough to keep the humidity down. Tuning the dehumidifier again just outside the tent but it’s not pulling much out of the tent. RH hanging at 55 today. Vent max setting at 60% could set higher.

Seemed to be recommendations to keep the RH under 50 to avoid any mold.

I have the portable AC I can fire up now but the temp has been about 73F not too hot yet.

B

Budclarkson

You have some problems with your roots, the fan leaves are brown on the tips, this is because you gave them too much food at some stage, the pale yellow leaves means the plants could be hungry.
If you give the plants water for the next 2-3 weeks, it may reduce the crop size but you will not mess things up, the buds will get larger and you will pull a crop, give the plants too much food and things can go wrong, I would give the plants a very light feed for the next 2 weeks, JMO
I may have fed the autos to high at one point
I went from 25% to 50% to 100% on the Jacks. I was watering it down with water or cal mag though.

Just been doing water the past week or so. TDS was 250ppm on runoff the other day. Was 320. What should it be reading?

Data sheet says 6-8weeks on most 7-9 on the GSC. I think most will be ready to start harvesting in a week. May clip some buds this weekend to dry and smoke as I’m about out of ganja “powder”

B

BudgetGrower

Keeping the humidity under 50% is the old rules, as the temperature goes up, you need more humidity(VPD chart), its more about the airflow, thickness of the canopy and the strain, some plants will get bud root and others plants grow more like a sativa, (canopy more spaced out and it will be happy in a green house with very high humidity).

B

BudgetGrower

I may have fed the autos to high at one point
I went from 25% to 50% to 100% on the Jacks. I was watering it down with water or cal mag though.

Just been doing water the past week or so. TDS was 250ppm on runoff the other day. Was 320. What should it be reading?

Data sheet says 6-8weeks on most 7-9 on the GSC. I think most will be ready to start harvesting in a week. May clip some buds this weekend to dry and smoke as I’m about out of ganja “powder”
I use basic compost and dry plant food, top dress week 3,5 in flower, I would give them 25% for the next 2-3 weeks, the plants don't need much food, most growers over feed there plants.
I turned my plants over to flower 27 days ago

B

BudgetGrower

I would lollipop the lower buds, there more likely to die off anyway in late flower.

B

Budclarkson

Hey man, I'm week 5 of flower in my first official indoor grow and am seeing some stuff that may help.

What light are you using?

Looking at your worst leaves, I'd say your nutes are a little high, do you check your ppms with a tds meter?

And also your worse leaves say you're coming in a little hot with the light too. Week 7 you probably won't see any real improvements to damaged leaves but back off of everything a bit and should help pack on weight for your last 2 weeks.

This is my gsc female from seed. I am using a sf4000 and think my light was a little hot first week or 2 of flower. So I backed off early to 75% @24" reading roughly 1400 ppfd at highest colas so depending on the light and you're saying 22" is your height capacity? Maybe finish off at 60%?
View attachment 1980002
My light is ACI Iongrid T22 130W. I went by the manual on the light strength but stopped at 90%. I don’t have a ppfd meter but checked lux levels at some points.

Now backed off to 70% with the light stress on the Kush. Other plants are shorter on plant stands except the Critical which shot up.

LSTd the Kush and the Critical with great advice by members here😎

B

Budclarkson

So I should be looking for every pistol to be faded to gold, no white pistols at all?

How about % trichimes turned amber?
Thinking about 10% from comments I have read.

Will try to get some higher magnification images.

B

BudgetGrower

Mid flower, nearly the every pistol should be thick white and growing vertical, as you get into late flower the pistol drop and curl on the buds, you always get a few white hairs but 80% should be amber/brown,

about the trichimes

When to harvest cannabis diagram
B

Budclarkson

Mid flower, nearly the every pistol should be thick white and growing vertical, as you get into late flower the pistol drop and curl on the buds, you always get a few white hairs but 80% should be amber/brown,

about the trichimes

It’s a bitch trying to get a good macro image off an iPhone XS big un. Tried a 10x magnifier over the lens and that was mustn’t much help.
I need a better macro pic solution.

Tried the loop and was able to get this closeup on the main Kush bud. It looks like a small percent are amber. Sounds like I should cut the top buds? The lower ones are not as mature.

The other plants don’t look as ready. Maybe the CBD plant but will make a separate thread.

Kush trikes
C437F351 7803 4A1F 9DCD CED3B2CFF4BD

B

Budclarkson

Notices the top kush buds are leaning over under the weight. Did water the plant this morning and pulled off some yellowed leaves.

Also have the oscillating fans blowing on the plants and buds. Should I not be doing that??

B

BudgetGrower

it's no easy to get a good picture, I can see a few amber, you could take the top set of buds off, drop the light, give the plant a feed and chop the rest in 2 week, its not common practice but I have done it a few times with great results.
you don't want too much airflow on the plants it drys the leaves out etc, really you want a good 1ft between the fan and the plants, I stopped using oscillating fans a few years back, I like to hang a floor fan, direct the air flow up, you can see all the leaves in the room move but there no direct air hitting the plants.
You can use a few small fans spaced out, hanging from the ceiling, a good 2-3ft above the plants

B

Budclarkson

Chopped the top on that one.

Need to check the Critical next.

Could use some guidance on dry time for a two ft stem length. I head out in 7 days for a couple days. Should I Grove bag it in 7 or wait until 9-10 days when I’m back?

Is a Grove bag set it and forget it? Should I put a small RH sensor in the bag to check it?

StonedAgain

StonedAgain

They all look like they need a couple more weeks, well from the pics from the 11th. How's the critical looking now? It looked like it needed a good 3 weeks or more in that pic.
Giving days on a dry is risky because it depends so much on the environment and buds. Groves are set it and forget it IF your plant is dried exactly right... they can still mold in a grove of they are too damp.

Top Bottom