good strains for my grow tent

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

hi all just bought a grow tent 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 it comes with a 600w hps and the air filter set up.now i am looking to fill it with a good strain that grows well in a grow tent and how many plants will i fit in?

P

ProGroWannabe

As for how many plants will fit in there.....you first should decide what size containers you want to plant them in, then see how many of those will fit in there. Remember, their gonna get way bigger before it's all said and done, so try to envision the space with full size plants in it.

As for strains, you can grow whatever your heart desires in almost any space. If your new to growing, try an indica-dominant strain. They are usually a little more tolerant of small mistakes you may make as you learn to grow. Something along the lines of an afghani or possibly a kush-type.

wambam123

wambam123

trainwreck

thanks grobro im gonna go with trainwreck from ghs.also with the dimensionofmy grow tent could you reccomend a good way of getting co2 in my grow tent thanks mate.

G

GrowTech

If you can get your hands on Skywalker from Dutch Passion... it's an amazing strain with a very very good high.

P

ProGroWannabe

A cheap way to add CO2 to a small space is with a CO2 Boost bucket. I'm gonna catch hell for saying that,(((( but before you other guys hammer me, remember he has a small space here)))....but they DO work in small spaces wambam, just not enough for a very large space such as a conventional grow room.

There are better ways to supplement CO2, but they cost considerably more, and take up more space.

P.S. If you can leave the door open during lights-on, then the CO2 becomes much less of a necessity. I grow in a large cabinet and do not supplement CO2. Not because I couldn't...but I just don't absolutely need it. I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. principle myself when it comes to CO2.

S

smoknz2

co2 is useless unless you can regulate it to 1500 ppm.no way with a bucket,dry ice,yeast and sugar either.you will get enough co2 by checking your plants and having a fan circulate the air

P

ProGroWannabe

I would like to respectfully disagree with your wording there smoknz2. CO2 is not OPTIMUM unless regulated at 1500ppm, but any added CO2 up to that spec. will be beneficial.

M

moggggys

any co2 is helpfull , i do notice a difference when i do some home-made

wambam ,,, id recommend a little more investment in making a bubbler then going for something easy like skunk 1 or afg , there hard to fuckup and you will maximise the space for sure as hydro grows like a bitch

D

drpressure600

hey kid,

i used one of those tents for a while, i would put 8 ak 47 plants i there if i were you, and use 6.5L pots with coco, i'd done skunk no 11, and cronic in it to, the big yield comes off the ak, indica is good for that tent but you get your money worth using ak, the electric bill will proof this kid, i've done it already, take care kid . .

D

drpressure600

400w bulb

i ment to tell you kid, you might be better off with a 400w bulb in there, i think 600w is too strong for that room, if i'm wrong sorry, but i think it's to big,

U

ukcheesehead

i ment to tell you kid, you might be better off with a 400w bulb in there, i think 600w is too strong for that room, if i'm wrong sorry, but i think it's to big,

250w 2ft by 2ft
400w 3ft by 3ft
600w 4ft by 4ft

X

xtheghostx

My personal opinion is a 600w hps would be perfect. Thats almost 9,000 lumens per sq ft. thats almost as good as the sun! You will get a lot of weight and some rock hard nugs.

S

Stackin Paper

600w cooltube all the way baby, shit i use 2 x 600w in a 1.4m2 tent, cooltubes all the way but with a more powerful fan.

If you want 200g plus then go with the 400w, if you want 300g plus then go with the 600w, for the same amount of space and the same amount of time i know what light i'd be putting my money on.

600w offer the best value for money per wattage of use v's area of growroom, basically ina nutshell the 600w is the most cost efficient in the business.

U

ukcheesehead

600w cooltube all the way baby, shit i use 2 x 600w in a 1.4m2 tent, cooltubes all the way but with a more powerful fan.

If you want 200g plus then go with the 400w, if you want 300g plus then go with the 600w, for the same amount of space and the same amount of time i know what light i'd be putting my money on.

600w offer the best value for money per wattage of use v's area of growroom, basically ina nutshell the 600w is the most cost efficient in the business.

i will be looking for a 600w digi me thinks after this grow
as the cost of leccy for the 400w digi im useing its cheaper than useing my 250w

H

hard_mind

It certainly is possible to use a 600w in a 1.2x1.2x2... That's how my setup has always been, you jus gotta keep the airflow going, and an extra fan in the tent wil certainly also help. Regarding the no of plants, i would say put in 16 x 11liter square pots, they fit the tent perfectly... also, fim'ing, topping, and training wil maximize your yealds, half a kg is def possible! my 2 cents :smoke:mmm

Top Bottom