GPH to PSI converter? Hydrologic stealth RO pressure problem.

• Thread starter H8tred420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
. . . The only thing that will happen at a lower pressure is you will have more waste water. The higher the pressure at the membrane the less waste water you'll have. But it will work if it's not defective.

Thank you, I learned something new today!! I knew about the lift vs pressure as i have had a 2000 gal koi pond for 15 years. The RO pressure thing is a $$$ saver. Water is gold around here. 🍻 🥳

ru knuts

ru knuts

WHEN you get your RO system up and going invest $10 in a flush kit. Flush the membrane 15-20 seconds before each use, you membrane will last 2x as long.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Thank you, I learned something new today!! I knew about the lift vs pressure as i have had a 2000 gal koi pond for 15 years. The RO pressure thing is a $$$ saver. Water is gold around here. 🍻 🥳
Desert or California?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Mag drive pumps are all gonna have low head pressure. They make specific booster pumps for RO units. Hydrologic even sells them.

mancorn

mancorn

You can purchase a (Rainbird) PSI meter for $10. Comes with a hose bip connection, which you can fit to your pump. Your city PSI is going to be 100+ and your house regulator will take it down to 50 or so. No way your pump will be anything close to that.

H8tred420

H8tred420

I want to mount the RO machine to the rain barrel I modified for water source. I don't have a main supply near the grow so the barrel will be where I take the water to scrub. That's why I'm having pump problems. Heres the set up. Water doesen't need to go far. Cheers

20200328 155910
ru knuts

ru knuts

I want to mount the RO machine to the rain barrel I modified for water source. I don't have a main supply near the grow so the barrel will be where I take the water to scrub. That's why I'm having pump problems. Heres the set up. Water doesen't need to go far. Cheers
You're going to need a RO pump. Search Amazon or ebay for RO pump. You'll have to mount an outlet at the bottom of the barrel, or below the water level, mount the pump about the same level. Another option would be to use an RV water pump, but you'll have to get a 12volt transformer and also have more parts to fail.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have a 5 yo iSpring with a built in high pressure pump. The pumps purpose is to increase psi well above incoming water pressue. The increased pressure does 2 things * higher ppm rejection and * faster recovery

Recently, the solenoid has gone on the fritz causing the pump not to come on. iSpring is sending me a new solenoid

H8tred420

H8tred420

I have a 5 yo iSpring with a built in high pressure pump. The pumps purpose is to increase psi well above incoming water pressue. The increased pressure does 2 things * higher ppm rejection and * faster recovery

Recently, the solenoid has gone on the fritz causing the pump not to come on. iSpring is sending me a new solenoid
Nice set up! Might do the first run with tap water while I figure out this booster pump. town water is running 110 ppm so I should be okay. Starting a thread about my grow soon. maybe see you there:)

H8tred420

H8tred420

Update: RO machine working @ 60psi under regular tap pressure. 0 ppm. 950gph will not scrub water properly.

Top Bottom