Grow tent ?

• Thread starter Rootbound
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Just curious how the light is kept out of the inside of the tent through the exhaust vents. If you were to run an air cooled hood wouldnt the light leak through the exhaust vent into the air cooled light?Thanks RB

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
They have ties on the inside so you can tighten them up around exhaust hose .

D

DND

I grow in a 4x4 Hydrohut without the off gassing issues. Although it is convenient as a ready made grow setup, it is not completely lightproof. There are small pinholes where light can be seen if the light is on and the passive exhaust flaps let light in if you turned on a room light. All that being said... if you need absolute stealth build your own room. And if you're worried about hermies, I wouldn't too much because there is never total darkness in nature (the moon). Hope this helps!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Zoo-- I see what you are saying about outside the hose but what I am talking about is the light traveling through the inside of the hose back into the cooled hood and on the plant when lights are off? Thanks all!!:flower RB

F

FastForward

I find the same as DND with the lighproofing on the Dark Rooms - although they really are tiny pin holes and haven't caused any hermie probs as yet. Great tents in all other respects though. I find the budbox more lightproof, but prefer the dark rooms in terms of quality and config.

I thikn most of the designs have double bagged inlets (DR's do) to prevent light leaks.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks alot FF!! So there is actually some type of light baffle in the exhaust vents. :flower RB

F

frankie-smiles

Do you mean light shining through the ducting and comming out by the reflector? If so, I always put black carbon cloth on the outside of any ducting that is outside the tent. A few layers of this and a bend or two should be ok.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Yes Frankie, thats exactly what I mean. What kind of carbon cloth do you use?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I run 3 tents and no problems with light leaking back through the duct

G

GrowTech

On the dark room tent the vents are actually like socks...not elastically... but the shape is that of a wind sock. There are 2 socks each with its own pull tie... Pull ties are like the ties on your hoody.

0 Lights leaks from the dark room.

Top Bottom