Growing again for the first time in 20 years

• Thread starter dustbone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dustbone

dustbone

I'm about to grow again. The last time I grew weed was 20 years ago, using the book by Ed Rosenthal and some random phpBB forum. A lot has changed, now we have feminized seeds that auto flower? Wild!

I'm looking for a bare bones setup that will work to produce flower for my personal use, 6 plants.

I read over the FAQ on the wiki and the beginners guide (sticky post top of sub).

Please critique my plan:
Total: $297.61, figure an extra $100 for incidentals.

(Please keep in mind this is exactly what I did years ago and it worked so well, unless I am forgetting something.)

Am I missing anything? The first grow I did I used fertilizers like blood meal and bone meal and tried to manage N·P·K .. ended up burning the plant. The second grow I did (was a COMPLETE success) used nothing but dirt, perlite and a lot of worm castings, if I remember correctly. Worm castings are so gentle you virtually can't use too much (I think?) and provide all the fertilizer/nutrients you need. Is that right? Is 25lb enough for six 5 gallon buckets?

Is that enough perlite? Need any other soil conditioners or additives?

Would you change anything, for example lighting, that would be cheaper or about the same price?

If I had an extra $200 what would you add or improve?

Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom