Harvest 3/4 week early or leave when go on holiday ?

• Thread starter GeorginaGilbert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

So growing 3 Cinderella 99 outside. Originally started them inside but the landlords wanted to rewire the house so had to stick them outside in a greenhouse. Booked the holiday for the last week of October months ago thinking they would have been ready (which inside they would have been!)
Anyway they have taken forever and will no where near be ready. The greenhouse gets condensation when not opened every day and the plants have outgrown the tent pretty much so I would;

1. cut the main colas which are touching the roof risking bud rot with the condensation and leave the rest for 7 days and just hope for the best
2. cut them all down a month early

any advice ??? Thanks in advance :)

Harvest 34 week early or leave when go on holiday
Harvest 34 week early or leave when go on holiday 2
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If you can bend the tallest tops so they don’t touch the top and harvest later, you should. If bending isn’t an option I would cut just the tallest tops and keep everything down low growing.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bend them down and wait it out. Chopping those that early is a complete waste.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Take them out of the greenhouse?

Cancel your vacation?

Harvest the tops before you leave?

I’d prob choose A).

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Bend them down and wait it out. Chopping those that early is a complete waste.
I already bent them down and this happened on one of them. So I’d be cautious to do it without me there to supervise. Thanks for your reply :)
B8A30688 26F8 46E4 83B0 249D33421B67

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Take them out of the greenhouse?

Cancel your vacation?

Harvest the tops before you leave?

I’d prob choose A).
i can’t the neighbours will see them. I’m already quite surprised we’ve got this far because when the sun shines through it it’s pretty clear what they are, plus they are taller then me and I’m 5’3 🙃!

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Well Georgina, I’m not sure what you should do.

In three weeks, those buds will not be ready. Perhaps close, but immature and prob something you will not be very pleased with.

Being stuffed in that greenhouse for the next three weeks, you are inviting mildew/rot/fungus with the colder nights. Late October is always super-tricky.

Any way you could convert your bedroom into a grow room for a couple weeks?

Kinda joking, not really. It will be a challenge to get those ladies to the finish line. Keep us updated - lots of crafty growers here to help.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd Give them a real good soaking, find a way to lean them over 45deg. Get them away from the glass. Leave the door open a bit and go on holiday. Get someone you trust to stay at your place maybe give them a water in 3 or 4 days. Your between a wall and a hard place bud. I'd do anything but harvest them. They are weeks away yet. Better yet stay home and look after your ladies.

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Well Georgina, I’m not sure what you should do.

In three weeks, those buds will not be ready. Perhaps close, but immature and prob something you will not be very pleased with.

Being stuffed in that greenhouse for the next three weeks, you are inviting mildew/rot/fungus with the colder nights. Late October is always super-tricky.

Any way you could convert your bedroom into a grow room for a couple weeks?

Kinda joking, not really. It will be a challenge to get those ladies to the finish line. Keep us updated - lots of crafty growers here to help.
I’ve had to cut them down today funnily enough. Noticed bud rot this morning. It’s rained non stop in the uk and much as I thought I was ontop it’s spread so fast so I’ve had to chop now to at least save it for butter. They was huge too I’m literally wounded. Think I’d better get a tent set up and try again !

187C6D29 2F21 4C10 99B3 A36C1E9A0CE9
80018A83 3B4E 4AB7 8239 147DDBB64654
Top Bottom