Harvest time?

• Thread starter Custom99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Custom99

Custom99

I am really comfused on when to harvest. The pics are of 2 different plants. Both started flowering the first week of December. Stuff i read says when amber. Are these considered amber? If not can you show me a pic of what i should be looking for.

20200125 143615
20200125 143601
20200125 143547
20200125 143456
20200125 143444
20200125 143437
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

First off....nice looking buds. The amber you are referring to are the trichomes not the pistols. Pistols are those hairs. The only way to check the trichomes ( the frost on your bud and leaves ) is with something that can magnify. Like a jeweler's loupe. I had bought mine off Ebay for $5. Works a charm. If you are unable to do this you then go by how the pistols look but this is not as good as checking the trichomes. I see a lot of red hairs and still white hairs here and there. You are very close. It depends on the high you want too. Head high you harvest more early ( when the trichomes are mostly cloudy ) . If you want a body high aka couch lock, you harvest when the trichomes are more amber. They turn amber after milky. Anyways, I personally would give them another week, maybe two but that's me by how they look. You can also always take some off and let it dry for a day or two and try it. If you like it, chop away. If not then let her go a little longer. Good luck. They are nice looking healthy plants.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Nice grow!! Without a close up of the “crystals” on the calyx ( where the hairs come from), I’d say 2 weeks more would be solid. Don’t miss out on the swelling!! Your almost there. ✊🏼

Custom99

Custom99

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a jewelers loupe from Amazon delivered today. It looks to me that the trichomes are totally clear. I have nothing to compare them to but definitely not Going to let them go some more. I am glad you say they are looking good.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks guys. I ended up getting a jewelers loupe from Amazon delivered today. It looks to me that the trichomes are totally clear. I have nothing to compare them to but definitely not Going to let them go some more. I am glad you say they are looking good.
Now you do C99, and you don't want to harvest when they're all clear, good luck!
When to harvest 1 1

Trichome when to harvest

Last edited:
Top Bottom