having trouble calibrating my PH Pen

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

It's an EcoTester ph1. It's reading spring water at 7.6 that can't be right. So I bought some calibration fluid. The directions say to dip the pen and wait until the meter reads 7 and hit the cal button. But the meter never gets down to 7 it stays at 7.3.

So is this thing busted or am I doing something stupid?

K

koopa troopa

i just got done calibrating my pen, not the same brand. the reading when i had it in the solution said 7.6 and then i hit cal, let it blink for a while, and then hit hold. eventually it read 7.0, so i'm sure it worked somehow.

sky high

sky high

Don't have that pen, bro..but my Hanna combo often takes 5 mins to say that it has calibrated. It also only flashes the info for a short time so if you aren't watching you'll miss it.

I'd roll a joint and stare at the fucker and see if it just takes it's sweet time before I made any other decisions about it.

good luck

s h

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Put it in the solution, let it sit for 20 secs or so, hold the cal button til a number blinks, dont worry if it doesn blink 7 on the dot, then press hold/set I think it says and it will go to 7, and of course make sure it stays in the solution as you do it, hope that helps out bud. Now I'm going by the oakton ph2 way, which I'm sure is the same, oh, and you need both 7 and 4 ph calibration solution, just do the exact same thing with both of them.

C

CheebaMonkey

thanks I'm just an idiot I thought drinking water was supposed to be at 7 exactly apparently most spring water is like 7.5. Never knew.

Top Bottom