Help i have got aphids

• Thread starter Jaydubbz2108
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

Just harvested a couple of my auto flowers from outside on my patio, I start to harvest them indoors you know cut off the big fan leaves and such and I find out they are both covered in these little green aphids all over the stems and under the big fan leaves.... I cut off as many leaves as I can almost like a wet trim I'm going to cure and brown paper bags but should I treat this bud in any sort of way should I rinse it is there any risk in me smoking this is this all ruined cuz it looks good for the most part.... There was one nug that had Bud rot because we've had a lot of rain this week and I cut that off but other than that everything looks pretty healthy, any recommendations??

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My first thought when I saw your headline was, "They make a shot for that now. They make shots for everything these days." 😎 🤔

Yeah. you already cut it down?
You don't want to smoke those. They might have great flavor, but I've never done it.
They are likely stuck on the trichs already or as it dries, they would leave because there's no food left.

I don't know man.... Anything I would normally suggest is before harvest. Too bad you didn't catch it then.

Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

🤣🤣Yeah I already cut it down and I went through and basically popped and squeezed as many of them as I could find which was a decent amount but not like a complete infestation, I just don't know if I'm going to be smoking their crap and all that not to mention any eggs or whatever but it's not like I can let it dry and then wash it I got to wash it now or not at all right? Think my best bet would go to go through and cut off all the buds and do a really close manicure for a wet trim?? Any input helps as time is of the essence lol

Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

That's safe to spray on buds?? Cuz right next to where those were, I have a huge outdoor plant that's in week 5 flower. I'm figuring that will have them too so that's where my attention is going next....

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

I dont see any Aphids in the photo, can you post a couple more photos ?
Odds are good the other plants have them too. Personally, I would use the Lost Coast and spray your other plants asap as a preventative measure.
Most of the time they are on the underside of the leaf.

TSD

TSD

🤣🤣Yeah I already cut it down and I went through and basically popped and squeezed as many of them as I could find which was a decent amount but not like a complete infestation, I just don't know if I'm going to be smoking their crap and all that not to mention any eggs or whatever but it's not like I can let it dry and then wash it I got to wash it now or not at all right? Think my best bet would go to go through and cut off all the buds and do a really close manicure for a wet trim?? Any input helps as time is of the essence lol
I had aphids set up shop right before harvest last year and I washed all my bud on that plant... but they don't all come off your sticky icky... I ended up using that plant for edibles... extra protein right? 🤣

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Santa.ClausHOHOHO

Dear lord. looking at the photo again, those are the Aphids on the main stalk there ? Them sum big S.O.B's

Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

Yessir...most aren't that big but there are some that were
huge

Ponky

Ponky

Little carapace and bug juice never hurt nobody. Tobacco is full of bugs. People love smoking it anyway.

Top Bottom