[help] stressed plant by light or topping

• Thread starter Kakarot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kakarot

Kakarot

Hi everybody , sorry by advance for my Bad english i'm not fluent .

So i got a problem and i would like to resolve it please .

I'm actually in days 30 in vegetate and my plant seam to grow slowly . Here IS a picture of the plant :

I'm under 600w lm301h at 50cm 100% power.
And i've topped the plant very early , like when she get 3 nodes .

Do you think the stress com from the light or the topping ??

How Can i save them please ? i'm desesperate right now :(

Thanks by advance for your Time.

Help stressed plant by light or topping
Help stressed plant by light or topping 2
Kakarot

Kakarot

Thanks guys for your time , my PH is 5.6 all time and EC is 1.02

i really don't understand what's the problem , right now i've reduced the power of light to 75%

Do you think if i go to flowering that will solve the Problem or i need to wait and see ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That’s not a plant struggling from too much light tho. No chance.

Your absolutely right but it will be if kept like that.

sure it is. The dark green mid fans are showing imminent calcium and potassium deficiency from too much nutrient demands. So it is a nutrient uptake issue but still caused by the very intense light on a young plant. The plant is telling me by curling down away from the light and now because of potassium the growth scrunching up. In my opinion anyway.

@Kakarot your English is very good. I suggest moving the light up at least a foot or dimming much lower. I dont have an led like that to know how much sorry. The ec seems ok for a plant that size.

Kakarot

Kakarot

sure it is. The dark green mid fans are showing imminent calcium and potassium deficiency from too much nutrient demands. So it is a nutrient uptake issue but still caused by the very intense light on a young plant. The plant is telling me by curling down away from the light and now because of potassium the growth scrunching up. In my opinion anyway.

@Kakarot your English is very good. I suggest moving the light up at least a foot or dimming much lower. I dont have an led like that to know how much sorry. The ec seems ok for a plant that size.

thanks for your reply , i will move up the light and reduce power to 60% , do you think if i go to flowering it will help the plant to recover health ?

Kakarot

Kakarot

No flowering will increase stress. Stay in veg til healthy looking.
hum i see more stress more trouble , i will stay a week in vegetate and if nothing better happend i will pass to flowering with crossed fingers .
by the way the seed are Sweet ZZ by RQS.

thanks for the help i will post more pictures if something change.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Temperature is about 22° celcius so 71.6 °Fahrenheit .
That's a little low.

There was an old rule of thumb in agronomy that with every 10 degree F increase in temperature, biological activity (think growth) doubles. I can't say that's the only reason this plant is growing sluggishly, but it is probably part of it.

growsince79

growsince79

E.C 1.02 isn't too much for a healthy plant. PH 5.6 in what medium? Sounds bad to me.

Kakarot

Kakarot

That's a little low.

There was an old rule of thumb in agronomy that with every 10 degree F increase in temperature, biological activity (think growth) doubles. I can't say that's the only reason this plant is growing sluggishly, but it is probably part of it.
yeah it's not perfect but right now it's pretty cold outside i can't do better than this .

E.C 1.02 isn't too much for a healthy plant. PH 5.6 in what medium? Sounds bad to me.

i've just added more nutrients of "connoisseur Advanced nutrient" , maybe they are in deficiency not in excess .

So right now i've moved up the lights and reduce power to 70% and upgrade the EC to 1.2 , i will see if in couple days if EC move up or go down .
if EC move up that's mean they are in excess .

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Keeping ph/ec and temps in control are the problem here. Wasn’t light. That was exastrubating the problem with uptake.

Kakarot

Kakarot

Keeping ph/ec and temps in control are the problem here. Wasn’t light. That was exastrubating the problem with uptake.

i dont think temperature are the problem because each time i growing plants with this conditions all goes perfectly , the only things i've change on this session are :
nutrients (first time i use Advenced nutrient)
lights (240w quantum board to 600w)
topping plants too early (when they are 10cm)

all the reste is exactly the same as usuale.

thanks for your times guys.

Top Bottom