Help with Nutrient issue please (may have posted this twice sorry)

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Im gwoong the following

LSD-25 (Auto) Strain
Miracle Grow Potting mix
Dutch Pro Grow a+b
10ltr fabric pots
6.8 PH

2nd week of flowering (6 weeks old),

She's showing the discolouration on the majority of leaves but currently only light spots on the leaves,

Could anyone see if this issue looks familiar b4 I destroy the crop by not having a clue

Help with nutrient issue please may have posted this twice sorry
Help with nutrient issue please may have posted this twice sorry 2
Help with nutrient issue please may have posted this twice sorry 3
Help with nutrient issue please may have posted this twice sorry 4
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I was thinking it looks like nutrient burn to me, flush next water and lower the fertz???

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Looks like bug damage and the last pic has little spots on back side of leaf should scope ur plant for bugs pic isn't great could be something else but I would start there myself. Good luck

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

She grew so tall that I did my own version of LST, the main cola would be way to tall if I hadnt,

Ive never seen such a lack of leaves?? Plus she has a few bud sites that dont seem to be doing much (pic included)

20200307 164553
20200307 164600
20200307 164619
20200307 164614
20200307 164638
20200307 164738
20200307 165032
20200307 165034
20200307 165049
20200307 165107
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What is on it for light? And miracle grow is dubious potting mix...

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

What is on it for light? And miracle grow is dubious potting mix...

I've used their potting mix for my last 4 little grows and have done well after looking into which to use, tried others but not as good in my opinion each to his own

She's under a 600watt LED

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've used their potting mix for my last 4 little grows and have done well after looking into which to use, tried others but not as good in my opinion each to his own

She's under a 600watt LED
Some strains just don't get many leaves, but most will have more than what you are seeing. Lanky plants can be a sign of lower than optimum light levels, or photoperiod issues. I think an additional light might help the strain fill in more if you grow it again, but it also appears that you just have a low leaf strain. FWIW, when I used to grow along the edges of the woods, even though the plant grew well, it never grew too many leaves and grew similar to what yours looks like. Just a thought, but things look good, you did well!

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Some strains just don't get many leaves, but most will have more than what you are seeing. Lanky plants can be a sign of lower than optimum light levels, or photoperiod issues. I think an additional light might help the strain fill in more if you grow it again, but it also appears that you just have a low leaf strain. FWIW, when I used to grow along the edges of the woods, even though the plant grew well, it never grew too many leaves and grew similar to what yours looks like. Just a thought, but things look good, you did well!
Cool, thanks,

Shall I just continue what im doing, I've got a 150 Neillo UfO Red Spectrum LED, can I hang that with my LED but lower it so both are covering the plant? She's starting Wk7 tomorrow,

Or should I just carry on with this grow as I have been?

I'm quite pleased , I thought I'd get laughed at for my first LST attempt, either that or you're all too polite lol

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Looks like bug damage and the last pic has little spots on back side of leaf should scope ur plant for bugs pic isn't great could be something else but I would start there myself. Good luck

Agreed!

FED6ACB2 4A83 4328 8A2E 75CDC02D874B
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Im gwoong the following

LSD-25 (Auto) Strain
Miracle Grow Potting mix
Dutch Pro Grow a+b
10ltr fabric pots
6.8 PH

2nd week of flowering (6 weeks old),

She's showing the discolouration on the majority of leaves but currently only light spots on the leaves,

Could anyone see if this issue looks familiar b4 I destroy the crop by not having a clue
I see two things and they're not necessarily related

there's this dried spot
Screenshot 20200308 095409 Chrome

and these little white things
Screenshot 20200308 095402 Chrome

are these eggs or do those white things go right through the leaf?

It's possible to have bugs and never see them only their traces, if it's just one or two leaves I would carry on; I don't see much damage on the plant I like the way it's purpling up, do you have other plants and are they showing the same issues?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When I mentioned possible bug in an earlier post, the white spots are what made me ask. Spider mites will leave little spots on leaves that look like this. Over time, the little spots turn brown and die, causing your leaves to look horrible and some will fall off if it is a mite infestation. I had them for weeks before I realized wha they were as they were too small to easily see and not all plants were affected, only some and the older leaves showed the most damage. Get a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe to check out the white spots under magnification. Some of those spots could be bugs. Light infestations can go almost unoticed. I noticed that 2 lants weren't thriving like they have in past grows, which led to a closer inspection and the discovery of mites. I never grew clones before, so I never really had a vector for them to infect my kids. I now treat ALL clones for mites before starting anything now.
Mites aren't easy to get rid of, but if you catch them early you can usually manage it better than dealing with large plants.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I see two things and they're not necessarily related

there's this dried spot
View attachment 948233

and these little white things
View attachment 948235

are these eggs or do those white things go right through the leaf?

It's possible to have bugs and never see them only their traces, if it's just one or two leaves I would carry on; I don't see much damage on the plant I like the way it's purpling up, do you have other plants and are they showing the same issues?
They go right.through the leaf, I couldnt tell even with a loup so I used really fine tipped tweezers under the loup and tried to pick them up but the tweezers but it went through and you could see with the loup a small crack around the holes,

I'll recheck her tomorrow but I cant remember seeing any other marks, maybe 1 other leaf but I suppose as she's only got about 20 leaves thats quite bad lol

Top Bottom