Hey Everyone 1st Time grower ,Are These Ladies Ready For Harvest

• Thread starter Agurlandherbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Agurlandherbud

Agurlandherbud

Hello
I'm a First time Grower I Need help I Have 15 plants Only Indica strains But These Two look the Most Ready and have Most about 70 percent red hairs throughout both plants. The Leaves are Dying as well .Are these Two Plants Ready For Harvest ?One Is Afghani The Other Is GDP .Anthoer question How do I cure my bud to Smoke Amazing how Do I Obtain The most And Best Thc Levels I can I have .I have Tried Hanging Them Upside down It Dries Them Out after a Week The Grass Smell Is Still There and they aren't Quite Dry. DO you Have Any Tips for harvest and Curing For Me I would Love to Hear them. Thank-you For Reading My Cry For Weed Help😂😊
20200503 102251
20200430 175246
20200503 102329
20200503 213942

20200503 102520
Last edited:
Dan789

Dan789

Welcome to the farm. As far as your question on your plants being ready, you have to be able to view the trichomes on your buds with a loupe, or magnifying glass of some sort, those trichomes should be mostly cloudy, some amber <10%. The fade in your plants is one of the indicators that they’re getting close, but trichomes are the best indicators
Here’s a query on curing, check this, it’s a bit of reading: https://www.thcfarmer.com/search/347083/?q=Curing+pot&o=relevance
Also check the Basic growing section of this forum, get a comfortable chair and start reading... good luck.

7DC84EEB D1AA 4F01 AF72 667CE885D1C9
D24BBFA0 9410 43C0 8B65 2A508FF8466A
Lilolme

Lilolme

Get a cheap pocket microscope I like mine better than the loupe although those work too, only you can judge ripeness cause only you can study the trics. Hang the stems/buds till the outside gets a little crispy then cut of the buds and put em in quart mason jars with a 62% bovida packet. Initially you will need to open the jars daily to ”burp” them and check the progress. I leave leaf material on my buds and use that as an indicator. Too dry is crispy too moist is flexible and sounds like walkin on wet leaves needs more time open. They really need time to take on the full affects and initially will require frequent attention. It will become a daily ritual for a few weeks then less frequently as things progress. Smoke the trim and scraps while your goodies are curing. Give it the time it needs however long that is. Happy smoke
CF178CFE 6322 43D2 B4A9 45A524009073

Agurlandherbud

Agurlandherbud

Get a cheap pocket microscope I like mine better than the loupe although those work too, only you can judge ripeness cause only you can study the trics. Hang the stems/buds till the outside gets a little crispy then cut of the buds and put em in quart mason jars with a 62% bovida packet. Initially you will need to open the jars daily to ”burp” them and check the progress. I leave leaf material on my buds and use that as an indicator. Too dry is crispy too moist is flexible and sounds like walkin on wet leaves needs more time open. They really need time to take on the full affects and initially will require frequent attention. It will become a daily ritual for a few weeks then less frequently as things progress. Smoke the trim and scraps while your goodies are curing. Give it the time it needs however long that is. Happy smokeView attachment 969037
Thankyou Fot Replying 2 me. Is It Bovida Or Boveda I want to buy the packs Now But I can Only Find Boveda Humidity packs?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You need to prune off those dead leaves and ignore your pistols and look at your trichome, you will need a good magnifying glass or jewlers loup, at first your trichome looks like little glass mushrooms, when they all turn milky you can chop, i chop late so i allso want some of my trichome to turn from milky to amber, allways chop by your trichome and ignore the pistols.

Lilolme

Lilolme

On your “is it ready” subject, in this format you won’t get a solid or possibly even any answers, nobody wants to take that responcibility if they say yes when its actually no. This is where you get them big buds that knock your socks off. The awful panic inducing no experience but getting there phase. Slow down and study the plant and the vast amount of information out there. Here’s an example, these were supposed to be clones but went into flower for some reason, the mother plant just got harvested and these are the same age so they are close to being ready. One sign I learned was in late stage it is possible for a female to “hermie” or produce male flowers in an effort to produce seeds. One white hair instead of two and you can see the flower taking shape. It was hard to spot but it was one of the things I was actually hoping to see as these things, in addition to bein kinda cute, are for study. You will get better and better just don’t get flustered and don’t quit. I have quite a few plants under my belt and am still figurin things out, experiance.
8D59A95C F022 4D4B 9A23 B3E9FD351A69
CB866732 BEAA 4BD7 8996 EF6FBD54FF37
0E8A9474 D63E 4648 9A31 A0D3FE2030B4

Top Bottom