How Marijuana Dispensaries Helpful For Patients?

• Thread starter mjbuddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Used to be not anymore. Since legalization to recreational here in Oregon been downhill ever since. Quality went straight in the toilet. Occasionally I’ll stop in one to see what’s on the menu. They had a lemon kush. The wife likes those fruity strains. Asked to check it out. They’ll give you a smell but you can’t touch. I say to the guy it has no smell what’s the date on it. He says August 2017. This happened last month. Shit you can get $4 grams, $15 dollar once’s but the shits 2 years old. Dispensary’s you can have em!! They suck!!!
Grow your own and put em out of business!!!!
Peace
1D1

roysanford

roysanford

Marijuana dispensaries can improve public safety and support local jobs and community nonprofits. And, access to legal cannabis at neighborhood dispensaries helps reduce drug arrests, ease patients’ pain, increase tax revenue and lower opioid abuse.

B

Bobcat81

I agree don't go to dispensary there a joke.
I couldn't believe one local shop everything on shelf in Mason jars has lost so much color in the sunlight from shop window and thats always open.
Grow your own,
When we where like 13 we where growing better stuff for free in the woods.
Grow your own !!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dispensaries are the reason I started growing.

I got excited when I got my med card and tried a bunch of them. Bought all kinds of strains and edibles. We couldn’t understand why we weren’t getting very stoned.

Greed is the problem. Turnover is the main goal. Overfeed and cut early seems to be the way.

1st Grow got me almost a pound of much better weed. And our first edibles the high lasted for hours.

So much for retail store weed. Won’t need it again. :-)

DTG

DTG

Agreed . . . I used one 3 times while waiting for my harvest, which will be on Friday 28 Sept./18, each time I ordered different weed, OG Kush, Lemon Kush & Monkey King. It is my belief that all 3 were the very same cannabis, same smell, taste & burn, a bad burn at that. my first clue should have been the descriptions for each strain were the same. Aroma profile : sweet, fruity & woody. Flavor profile: Sweet, fruity & woody.

Roysanford: I agree with you in theory, but if the quality in the product is lacking I don't see how that is helping any patients or easing their pain. Growing their own or our own is the only way to guarantee top quality medicine. Those dispensaries got into this business for one reason & one reason only, they saw big cash returns. Its all about the dollars for them . . . In 2 weeks it will be legal here & next season I will have a giant medicine garden & will never use a dispensary ever again . . .

Grow your own stash & KNOW what you are ingesting or inhaling . . .

Don.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Agreed . . . I used one 3 times while waiting for my harvest, which will be on Friday 28 Sept./18, each time I ordered different weed, OG Kush, Lemon Kush & Monkey King. It is my belief that all 3 were the very same cannabis, same smell, taste & burn, a bad burn at that. my first clue should have been the descriptions for each strain were the same. Aroma profile : sweet, fruity & woody. Flavor profile: Sweet, fruity & woody.

Roysanford: I agree with you in theory, but if the quality in the product is lacking I don't see how that is helping any patients or easing their pain. Growing their own or our own is the only way to guarantee top quality medicine. Those dispensaries got into this business for one reason & one reason only, they saw big cash returns. Its all about the dollars for them . . . In 2 weeks it will be legal here & next season I will have a giant medicine garden & will never use a dispensary ever again . . .

Grow your own stash & KNOW what you are ingesting or inhaling . . .

Don.
Exactly!!
BDD2AB91 6D17 4078 9C6B BAE4D124FC38

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have run into a couple decent strain but here they want $15/gram. Crazy prices. If I get any it’s only a couple grams and just to get me by. Nice guys that budtend but the quality is sorely lacking. Even the top shelf strains are mediocre at best. I’ve thrown away better bud in the past because I didn’t like it.

DTG

DTG

In this day & age, with all the knowledge we now have about growing cannabis, there is no reason at all for anyone, medical user or rec user, to be smoking sub-par cannabis.

Don.

the rrock

the rrock

If you have no other access to product disp. are great for non growers(in CA) safe ,simple but expensive.They put my daughter thru college before legalization here,now everything is tested and coming from big time companies,now Im considered black market.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I had to visit when my local guy was out and I was between grows. It was an eye opening experience. Worth the few bucks to try someone else’s stuff and get a better appreciation for your own ;-)

ForrestHolt

ForrestHolt

Medical marijuana dispensaries help patients finding the right cannabis strains for their respective medical conditions. They have experiences budtenders that can also suggest some products for you. All you have to do is ask questions and be transparent.

BigCube

BigCube

Give me suggestions ??

Dispensaries are still good here in Vancouver. Odd times you can find the shit weed selling for half price or less. But the majority of their inventory is all top shelf fresh product. The one I go to has new stuff every week.

Great quality, great selection, and always fresh. Feel sorry for y'all in the us. Your growers can't keep up with demand. I hear when something decent comes in, it sells out so fast the majority of people dont get any.. that would suck.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Dispensaries are the reason I started growing.

I got excited when I got my med card and tried a bunch of them. Bought all kinds of strains and edibles. We couldn’t understand why we weren’t getting very stoned.

Greed is the problem. Turnover is the main goal. Overfeed and cut early seems to be the way.

1st Grow got me almost a pound of much better weed. And our first edibles the high lasted for hours.

So much for retail store weed. Won’t need it again. :)
^ old thread but this is very much like my story, but I want to tell you all something about a local dispensary and the reason I started growing my own and would never ever go to a dispensary and recommend you never do either:

I was the only person waiting on line outside but they wouldn't let me into the dispensary, so I was chatting with the security guard for a good 15 minutes, all he could tell me is they're having a meeting it shouldn't be much longer

Finally got in and I asked my budtender what was the delay and she told me quietly that they would not go back to work until management pulled some moldy cannabis that they were instructed to package up for sale

Then she said "I mean this was just too moldy for us to sell" which implied that a certain amount of mold on cannabis was acceptable to sell

This was at the end of 2015 and was my last trip to any dispensary or cannabis delivery ever. I immediately made purchases to begin to start growing my own once again after several decades of inactivity and I recommend everybody grow their own and stop making these corporate pukes rich!

Ps. The weed was marginal at best. I found a couple passable things but if you want to pay $50 an eighth for passable weed you have at it friend! :puke2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom