I’m mad confused! Any help would be awesome

• Thread starter mike415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mike415

mike415

I have some seedlings that aren’t doing a damn thing. The PPFD is 270-300, temp 73, humidity 51. Using a scale to water. But yesterday there was a fucking mushroom growing with one of them. What does that mean there is fungus in my soil. Everything seems to be in range of growth. Wtf. Help people.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Pictures would help.

The soil may be too wet, but that's a guess.

mike415

mike415

I water using a scale dry they are 170g, wet they are 240g should I let them dry more?

mike415

mike415

Any help ?

mike415

mike415

Popped on 5/16/21. I just used my PPFD app on my phone and was unaware that I need to use a defuser, so I did that and my reading was 750 so I raised my light to 33 inches and it reads 305. This is probably the problem. Finger fucking crossed lol

Smithers

Smithers

Mushrooms probably means the soil is staying too wet.

I judge the water content / weight of my pots by feel, and when it’s light like styrofoam for it’s size, like really light... I water again.

I get it good and wet at watering so some comes out the bottom. Then don’t water again until it’s super light again. Not 100% sure that’s what’s wrong, but that’s my first thought because of fungus liking the environment you have

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

Let them get dry. Your roots will never grow if they don't have to look for water. Also over watering causes root rot. seedlings grow very slowly for the first 4 to 6 weeks until they start really vegging

mike415

mike415

Ok that might be better than using a scale. Thanks for your input.

Rockysmoke

Rockysmoke

Mushrooms probably means the soil is staying too wet.

I judge the water content / weight of my pots by feel, and when it’s light like styrofoam for it’s size, like really light... I water again.

I get it good and wet at watering so some comes out the bottom. Then don’t water again until it’s super light again. Not 100% sure that’s what’s wrong, but that’s my first thought because of fungus liking the environment you have
These days most nutrents don't require runoff if you use a proper feed feed water schedule.

mike415

mike415

Let them get dry. Your roots will never grow if they don't have to look for water. Also over watering causes root rot. seedlings grow very slowly for the first 4 to 6 weeks until they start really vegging
Thanks I will do that. And my light was way too close according to my PPFD meter

mike415

mike415

Cool. I’m using ffof/perlite, so my practices will differ from what may work for you. There are many correct ways to water depending on your setup, and what your going for.
This is my first serious grow, so I’m definitely taking advice from people with experience and trial and error on a small scale LOL not so much error I fucking kill them. Thanks for your input.

Smithers

Smithers

👍 I’m learning too. It’s easy to get off the rails and impact your harvest, but it’s hard to kill them and get nothing. Especially if you read up on some popular threads here and stay curious.

mike415

mike415

I’m definitely curious and want as good a yield as possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom