Is 2x 150w Hps Lights Enough For A 3x3x6 ?

• Thread starter Nadster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nadster

what up guys
Okey so here is the deal
The truth to be told this is my very first timw growing but i have been researching information for THE LONGEST so with that being said this is my questionS :
I bought a 3x4x6 tent but it has a separate 1x1x6 space that split into half im guessing for germinating and seedling so that leaves me with a 3x3x6 to veg and flower .. i do have 2x 150 hps growing lights that im planning to use but i know its not enough , or i would like to convince my self its not enough lol
So i do know that you CAN veg with hps but its not ideal and im not planning on getting any larger hos lights since my main problem is noises so i dont wanna have to install a heavy duty exhaust fan that makes crazy noises so im thinking that my best option is add some LED Lights that supposedly can veg or bloom or veg and bloom at the same time .
I am planning on growing 2 plants , one in 5 or maybe 4 gallons bucket soil and the other one is in a 5 gallons hydroponic system .
I do live in Southern California and to be exact in OC .. soo
What can i do to take advantage of my 2x 150 hps lights and its heat lol plus add another light that will help me to veg since i dont really want to veg with hps and that max my yeild .
Thank you for all the advices in advance and I am open for new ideas ... so please say something anything even share your own experience it my help me . Cheers

4plant

4plant

In that space a 315 watt cmh would be great. The problem with the 150’s is penetration. I have one of them in a 20”x20” x 40” and have flowered under them by wouldn’t let the plant get more than 16” tall. Even though 2 of them are almost the same wattage a cmh will be 100 times better

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Short answer, yes. Don't add LED, add UVB. I grew under just HPS for years, but UVB is directly related to potency imo so i use, and have been using, straight metal halide. I would add UVB reptile lights to your setup before LEDs. In a small, closed space like that, your lights are more gonna regulate how long it takes your plants to fill it, rather than if there's enough light to fill the width out. You probably won't be able to grow as tall without more work and smaller lower buds, but you will be able to get fat nugs out of that setup.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

yes and sell it and get a 315 CMH in 3k and you are good forever :D
Should have added that cmh is pretty much the ideal light right now and you would likely have your best results with cmh in this setup.

gwheels

gwheels

I love my 315. Best light a 4 plant max ever had. One day in the next year that 315 is working on 2 sativas and i will run 1 indica heavy each in my 5 footers :D

I also love my 200ish watt cob/quantum boards and strips

But the 315 is the perfect 3 x 3 coverage by nature of the shape of the light. I have a really cheap first gen hood. It rocked it. A really great hammered finish hood would give you the potential to CRUSH a 3 x 3. 10 to 12 oz is the norm with 4 good plants of many many strains and an lb easily within the reach.

quantum strips and boards can really rock the weird spaces

2 x 3 and 1.5 x 3 (135 QB or 2 foot strips) to 2 x 4 (cobs rock it better at this space) etc. efficiently and in a fixture easily i mean.

for the 4 plant Canadian grower eh...

And I now have one of each of the ones i like. I get the difference better than most.
QB135 in 4k
TIMBER 2VL in 3.5k
Samsung top bin everything 238 watt 4k Fixture
315 CMH in both spectrums (3100 and 4200)
2 tents 5 square feet and 1 4 x 4 with fans and srubbers for everything mu ha ha

Holy fuck that VG is way stronger than i remembered or was that coffee #4 :o

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom