Is flushing really the thing to do

• Thread starter Billymgb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

AN states that their Flawless Finish will purge at least 85% of stored materials... They say run it at week 7..

On a related note, do the plants leaves always fade and discolor at the point of harvest, or is that just a lack of nutrients no matter what stage of growth you're in??

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
hahaha, i am searching scholarly articles, seeing what facts are really out there... i just found this

Cannabis sativa, meaning “cultivated Cannabis,” was so named by Fuchs in 1542

fuchs... the guy that named it ... and yeah, pronounced just like what im thinking... tell me im not the only one who giggles at this?

also, i did not know it is "...established that although Cannabis seems to have originated in the Tibetan Plateau at least 19.6 million years ago, it has also been indigenous to Europe for at least a million years" - i heard the rumor humans brought it to EU, guess not, we arent that old. finally, something that is not humans fault!
Wow, that's the first time I've heard that time and date as an emergence point for cannabis. Pretty cool.
Humans have been around over 6 million years though, it's only modern homo sapiens that they think have only been around for 350000 years or so, but the ancient fossil record is so sparse to begin with..who knows. No doubt in my mind that humans in one form or another have likely had a relationship with cannabis for millions of years.

Last edited:
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

IDK man I didn't flush this harvest. But I did for many years. I guess I'm still man enough to say, "I don't know."

This I have noticed... over the years I've met growers who run several different strains and they all taste and smell similar. And I've been to dispensaries here in Detroit where its the same deal. 20 strains, all smell and taste alike...?lol

I always chalked it up to being because they use the same nutes on every strain and get some...residual smell and flavor from them?

But that doesn't hold true because I use the same brand nutrients on every strain and they are always very different in smell and flavor. Even same strain, different phenos are very different. So.. I don't know.

Youtube weed scientist say no need to flush, so everybody stops. Guess ill stop too. I would hate to be the last kid on the playground who still believes in Santa.
I agree 100%.i run 4 strains. And finished product smell n taste as the strain shud... Iam to a flusher but will try a none flush. On this 1... 1 blue cookies. 3 zkittlez. All on same nutes.. Happy growing

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You flush for different reasons, like say u over fed, you flush out exess food check ph then cut back on nutrients, at the end you flush out the bloom nutrients so they dont affect the taste of your weed.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
AN states that their Flawless Finish will purge at least 85% of stored materials... They say run it at week 7..

O

On a related note, do the plants leaves always fade and discolor at the point of harvest, or is that just a lack of nutrients no matter what stage of growth you're in??

Actually, they say to use it the last week of flower; week 7 wouldn't work too well with any long flowering strains.

"
Directions:
Use 2 mL per Liter during the last week of the bloom phase.

Conversions: 1 Teaspoon = 5mL | 1 Tablespoon = 15 mL | 1 Ounce = 30mL | 1 Cup = 240 mL
"

As to whether or not to flush, it all depends on who the end-user is and whether or not they notice a difference. Doesn't matter what a panel or instrumentation says if (for example) your end-user claims that they detect harshness or a chemical taste. As Donald Trump has consistently proven, for a significant portion of the population, as often as not perception is everything and facts be damned.

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
The studies are specifically dealing with flushing at the end to improve smokability and ash color and such. The studies explain they are not considering any other flushing. if you watch mr growits review of the study he goes pretty in depth on making that distinction. the title tries to make that distinction also. IMPACT OF DIFFERENT FLUSHING TIMES ON QUALITY AND TASTE IN CANNABIS SATIVA L.

Wow, that's the first time I've heard that time and date as an emergence point for cannabis. Pretty cool.
Humans have been around over 6 million years though, it's only modern homo sapiens that they think have only been around for 350000 years or so, but the ancient fossil record is so sparse to begin with..who knows. No doubt in my mind that humans in one form or another have likely had a relationship with cannabis for millions of years.

Yeah, millions of years... but the species homo (which is when "human" happened) albeit ~2+ mil ya, not in europe till a couple hundred thousand ya. human ancestors, a very broad category, including the pot plant, (they can always find a point of common ancestry) origins are changing daily.

they found plant matter in the teeth of A. sediba in Africa (which could be an ancestor of modern human), they are continuously analyzing the stuff, who knows...

if you are interested check out the homo naledi story or the new dig at the UW 105 site. it is all very fascinating. (and one of my fields of interest) the guy that did these expeditions firmly believes in open access, throughout the digs it was live streamed to different groups, including school classes - you can even download the fossils and 3d print them free (cant print lucy, any lucy skull you see in museums or schools is not really a print of lucy, they wont let anyone see or touch or replicate anything they find). basically, h. naledi is a small brained homo species with a mosaic of modern and ancient pieces and parts who disposed of their dead (at least that is the current theory) in the deepest darkest regions of a cave system. Lee Berger is the head guy, and he pushes open access, so im all about that! and the story of h naledi's discovery and the subsequent digs is fun! i mean the guy used facebook to find his team! the caves passage to the chamber was so small you had to fit a 7-8 inch gap, so he posted, a now famous in the community, ad on FB saying - needed small, science degreed, cavers to work free and be here in two weeks (paraphrased), lol, ended up with all girls who became the underground astronauts. if you are into this stuff, hit me up, i love love love old dead bones and things! lol.

they have found remains of other "drug" plants in (or in with) different species of our ancestors so no doubt they knew their landscape and if it were available they would have figured out things to do with it.

uh-oh, too much? that particular subject is a love of mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom